Regular Contributor

Re: Have your lashes gotten better using mascara?

Hi Dusty1--no I haven't switched face cleansers. Only thing different is NOT putting on lash primer or mascara. I'm thinking that using it helped my lashes. Thanks for your kind words.Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Hi gtx--I do use Bifical remover & it's funny because I thought the same thing! My lashes were so used to Lancome mascara, Cils Booster and Bifical I think they are protesting because I don't use them most of the time! LOL! Sure hope things get better. I never had this happen before.

Respected Contributor

@donniesmom 

I'm old so you may not get the same results, so take this as my experience only.  I've always had very long, lush eyelashes. I've never had to wear mascara or curl my eyelashes and I've even had a hard time choosing a pair of eyeglasses because my lashes would hit the lenses.  However, as I have gotten older, my lashes have gotten less and less full and thick.  If I ever use a full face of make up, I need to use mascara.

Anyway, every mascara I've tried has dried my eyelashes out and they would break off.  It was almost as if they had been fried they were so crispy.

I've started using Josie Maran mascara with argon oil.  It is not waterproof but it has been very nourishing.  It's almost like a treatment.  I am rally enjoying the difference.   

Honored Contributor

Yes!

Full 'N Soft

When I noticed my lashes were becoming "patchy" and many were ending up on my cheeks, I switched to Maybelline's Full 'N Soft washable formula and my lashes are no longer patchy and I don't find them on my cheeks.

I've been using this for years: I stock it when it's on sale.  If it's ever discontinued I'll be devastated.  It saved my lashes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama  I've been looking for candid feedback about Josie's mascara, so may I ask if you sleep with it on (as Josie repeatedly advised and encouraged 'to nourish lashes') and if so, what has been your experience?

I began using Josie's last Fall, a few times I didn't remove it at night, then later something was 'bothering' my eyes.  I felt like something was stuck inside an upper eyelid.  But....there are other possible irritants and I'd like to wear her Mascara again at nite if users truly benefit from it. 

Gotta be careful with the precious eyes.....But....gotta wear some enhancements!

Thanks......

(Note: the 'thing' stuck in my eye for a week FINALLY went away).

Frequent Contributor

Not all mascaras are the same, I wouldn’t assume all are good. You may want to consider a lash serum if you feel they’re falling out, thinning, etc. there are some very good ones out there
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I stopped wearing mascara not because of it causing any problems. But it was removing it  from my lashes that was causing problems...thinning mostly. So now I just use a Latisse type product (Careprost) to make my lashes long and thick. No need for mascara anymore unless I want the drama.

@donniesmom  - I also use  a Latisse type product - Careprost - as @SilleeMee .  You may want to consider using a lash serum such as this one to enhance your lashes.  She and I order ours from All Day Chemist at a very reasonable price. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love it @San Antonio Gal . Had to trim my lashes again the other day...just a few getting waayy too long! Does yours do that?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cringe when I see the models roughly take off their make-up.

Last night Deanna (sp?) used the Philosophy wipes to remove her make-up.   

It looked like she was really pulling at her lashes.

I try to be very gentle when I remove my eye make-up.

I am fortunate to  have very thick, and very long eyelashes with a coat or 2 of mascara.

Not using primer yet.

Honored Contributor

Yes @SilleeMee  - A few stray ones!