Valued Contributor

Have your brows and eyelashes gone gray?

Hi all, Just curious about the process of these going gray. I find a stray lash now and then and wonder how fast this will be. Also in Vermont Store catalog they have a nifty eyebrow tint  I tried and really liked. just an FYI.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have your brows and eyelashes gone gray?

HI blankette

mine haven't gone gray, they've just plain gone ! (:

Esteemed Contributor

My eyebrows are partially gray, have been for many years.  I don't know if they'll go completely gray.  I haven't noticed any gray in my eyelashes.  I've been using a blond eyebrow pencil to darken my brows; anything darker looks too harsh. 

Thanks for the tip on the eyebrow tint from Vermont Country Store.

Honored Contributor

Found 2 gray eyebrow hairs just yesterday. Next month another birthday rolls around for me. Glad I found them before that day!!! Did take my black eyelash mascara to the two eyebrow hairs, so all's well.  Easiest fix of something I've ever had!

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

My eyebrows are partially gray, have been for many years.  I don't know if they'll go completely gray.  I haven't noticed any gray in my eyelashes.  I've been using a blond eyebrow pencil to darken my brows; anything darker looks too harsh. 

Thanks for the tip on the eyebrow tint from Vermont Country Store.

Same for me!  I've always had light lashes.  My brows are salt and pepper now and very wiry --- yuck.  Hard to control.  My eye lashes appear the same in color but now have a mind of their own!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

There is a new Rimmel Mascara that tints lashes over time.

My eyebrows are a problem so when I color my hair I color them as well.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Gray and balding.  *Sigh*  I think they're growing on my upper lip these days.....

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Gray and balding.  *Sigh*  I think they're growing on my upper lip these days.....

Oh yes, all the wrong places.

Respected Contributor

My brows and lashes weren't going gray as I got older, but they were getting paler and thinner.  I had a problem with mascara irritating my eyes, so probably 30 years ago I started dyeing both my eyelashes and eyebrows with Roux lash and brow dye (Sally's always has it).  That worked quite well for me for very many years.  I had to re-dye them as they grew out (every 2-3 weeks), but the same dye kit would last me a couple years before I had to buy a new one.

Now I have a different problem.  Both my lashes and my brows have gotten so pale, fine, and sparse that the dye won't even stick to them anymore.  Rapidlash worked really well on my lashes for a few years, but no longer does.  So I'm left having to use mascara and brow pencil, which I hate, but I swear if I didn't literally draw on my lips, eyes and brows every morning, I'd be the "faceless woman."  Even the hair on my head is not gray yet (I'm 67), but it's as fine as cobwebs!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, but my eyebrows are blond and getting sparse, so unless I wear eyebrow pencil (IT Universal Brow Pencil is the best I've ever tried on my nonexistent brows) it looks like I have no brows.

So far my eyelashes have maintained their color.