Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you used a beauty item once and tossed?

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@Harpa Wish you could have tossed it my way! Love the Josie exfoliant powder. Just ordered one recently on eBay. It was exactly the same as my QVC item.

@laluzdelmundo 

People were saying how fabulous it was.... I would have gladly tossed it your way! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

An SPF-40 setting mist by Supergoop, Q sold it at one timeThe stuff was like spraying PAM cooking spray on my face...it was the worst feeling and I tossed it immediately after one use.

Esteemed Contributor

More often than I care to admit.  If it is an item that I purchased online, I will return it after giving it a couple tries.  If it is a cheap drugstore item, I will toss. I had containers of tried, but failed products that I had kept over the years.  I finally thought, what am I saving this for?  That was a good cleansing day.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Just tossed something out this morning after one use. A makeup brush that came with a recent Bare Minerals special. The brush end is so big and fat it renders it useless to use with the foundation which is what it's supposed to be used with. 

It also came with a brush to use with the mineral concealer that has a triangular shape. WTH? That might be in the trash too before the day is over. 

Even without the brushes I still think the 3 products it came with were worth the deal, although I haven't check the prices on their website. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I would toss and learn. But I don't.

I have too many items I bought and will probably never use but I just throw it back in my makeup drawer or in the cabinet in the bathroom.

I keep trying. I bet I have tried Wen 3-4 times. And ended up with dirty flat hair. But I still have at least two bottles. Laura Geller is another brand. I have so many kits that I don't use. And still I keep them.

Sounds like it is time to purge. I know I will never use most of this stuff.

Honored Contributor

yes I  have with several things---tried them for a few days just to see if they do what the hype iclaims,  but then tossed them. Not worth spending the return shipping $$ IMO-----I try not to buy things that I haven't used before and if I can find samples on Ebay for cheap and I usually can, thats what I do. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two items:

Urban Decay sample mascara that had fibers inside, had halographic tube  -- awful, it never dried properly 

Buxom eyeshadow single Twilight Tryst -- duo tone turquoise/black which looked more black than turquoise with some black -- was able to return to Sephora. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I’m mostly guilty of tossing awful mascaras & lipsticks of the wrong color after one use. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  Red lipstick that isn't the right color is the most likely item to wind up in the trash after one use.  If I can someday find the right one, I can put a stop to this nonsense.  I will mix shades for now, but always wanted to find "the one."

Lipstick | Cute squirrel, Squirrel appreciation day, Squirrel

P.S. --  Don't eat the lipstick.  It tastes bad.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Biggest offenders for me are hairsprays and lipsticks.  Lipstick colors that looks so pretty in the package or on someone else and I either look like a 2-bit hooker or liver lips.  I need to clean out my lipsticks again.  Sometimes I will pass them along.  Other times they are so awful I toss.

Hairsprays are my biggest problem hair product.  Unless something is damaging my hair, I can usually muddle through using it but not hairsprays.  I've had them spray out so wet that my hair totally flops.  I've had them so stiff and sticky it's like I'm wearing a helmet.  I've had some that did absolutely nothing and I had to make sure there wasn't just air coming out of the can.  I've had some that seemed okay but after a few uses I realized they were drying my hair out something awful.  My sister and SIL don't use hairspray at all so generally, these end up tossed.