Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you used a beauty item once and tossed?

Several times I took a lot of time making a selection, usually lipstick or eyeshadow, but when I put it on at home, had to toss instantly.  Makes you leery.

Respected Contributor

IT CC cream.  Had in the stash, maybe two months, when I opened it, made me so, so itchy.  Gave it a week, tried it again, same thing.   It was past the 30 days.  Bought a duo yet.  Ugh.   Gave both tubes to my friends sister.  She loved it!!! And was very happy to get it.  

Made someone day at least.  Expensive make up mistake.  Live and learn.  

Honored Contributor

@savories wrote:

Oh yes....Mally's 'bullet prrof' eyeliner that I found all over my my cheeks and under my eyes

and a Laura Geller concealer that was yellow, thick and sticky; it never dried or set.

Expensive mistakes.

@savories  - Mally's eyeliner did the same for me.  After 2 hours, it was all over the place.  Had to toss many eyeliners that I purchased at the drug store too.  The only one that has stayed put for me has been IT Gel Eyeliners.  So I've spent a lot of money trying on different ones.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

Twice I used Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer.  I itched and it made my eyelids rough.  It went out.  Happy with "Two Faced".  Very gentle.

Esteemed Contributor

Several tarte products were awful.  Eye liners and lipsticks.  Eyeliner smudged all over the place and made my eyes burn and I'm not sensitive to products. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I try it more than once just so I don't prematurely toss. In my heart, I know it's going out, but then I put it somewhere in the back of my stash. I continue to remain in denial everytime it surfaces and maybe I'll give it another chance. Finally, after seeing it over, and over; I admit to myself that it was an expensive mistake and throw it out, as to stop torturing myself. Can anyone say Lipstick Queen Magic lipstick? 

Esteemed Contributor

TRe: Have you used a beauty item once and tossed?

Tried more than once over the years. Used 2 or 3 times before tossing. Hair product from the Q but not saying brand.

Esteemed Contributor

Guilty, of trying many brands of various  beauty products - many I did not use but once or twice. I think there should be a rest home just for unwanted used beauty products ...

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a lot of years and a lot of products for me, but I doubt that I ever tossed something after just one use.  I'll usually give a makeup or skin care item several tries before I give up on it. 

In a "we're all different" moment -- I've found that Mally's eyeliners are about the only eye liners that don't smear or disappear on me.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Yes, I admit to doing this!  It is a waste but at times I have held on to something past the time of being able to return it, or lost the slip, or just got too lazy to return it!  I have never done this with something expensive, but drugstore items.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin