Respected Contributor

Have you used a beauty item once and tossed?

I  did this twice and recently this week with Kim Belle's eyeliner. I didn't have the smearing but there was nothing there within hours.  I even used an eyelid primer and setting powder. Some reviewers said they smeared. The colors were so nice and  I was disappointed. I am keeping the mascara.

The second product many years ago was Josie Maran's In Shower Tanning system. What a mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you used a beauty item once and tossed?

Don't you just hate expensive beauty lessons?

Should have been sent back - it was the Josie exfoliant powder. Terrible! I used it just once, then sent it to the back of my drawer. Finally tossed.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've done that with the "natural" deodorants...to many to remember. Also with lipsticks that smear all over the place and eyeliners that were so dry & brittle, they would break during application!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I  did this twice and recently this week with Kim Belle's eyeliner. I didn't have the smearing but there was nothing there within hours.  I even used an eyelid primer and setting powder. Some reviewers said they smeared. The colors were so nice and  I was disappointed. I am keeping the mascara.

The second product many years ago was Josie Maran's In Shower Tanning system. What a mess.

I threw out two lipsticks because the color was misrepresented on the website. Gone are the days where I used to go to a store and swatch colors. Sigh...

Honored Contributor

I toss more sunscreen b/c of the white cast. I have a difficult time finding ones that won't make me look like a ghost.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Mostly mascaras.  So many are clumpy and look awful.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

ITT  CC Cream

Hair clap clap sticky Marie lifter

Several lipsticks - color on TV - not good in person

Many more........can't recall names......no longer purchase any

Honored Contributor

i never toss anything that i dont like.

i have two daughters and a mother that are always willing to accept freebies to try.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well I didn't actually toss it.  I had to send it back.  It was Tarte's TSV in September that was a deluxe concealor/foundation.  The color was too dark.   Other than that, I would have kept it.

Respected Contributor

All the Bare Minerals I bought years ago. A mess to work with and did not look good on me, so out it went.