Valued Contributor

Have you tried Lume deodorant? Those w hyperhydrosis...

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Lume deodorant?  I caught a short adv for it yesterday and searched to order it today. I am looking for dryness only. A review rec. ordering from the company for more quanity and I just did so.  I ordered the tangerine scent.

I have suffered from hyperhydrosis since grade school, mostly feet and hands but now it has reached the bustline.  I am hoping this product works for the wetness.

I tried another brand several years ago but it was like a chalky cream that came in a tube.  It was kind of messy and not made for black and colored bras. 

Is there any other product you have used and like to control perspiration?

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you tried Lume deodorant? Those w hyperhydrosis...

@CaChica @It's a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. It will not reduce sweating.

Respected Contributor

@CaChica have you ever used prescription Drysol? It’s the most effective topical treatment I’m aware of. 

Valued Contributor

Didn't think of those being two sep.problems.  May have to return it or pass it on to someone.

Valued Contributor

I have tried the rx years ago. 

Respected Contributor

Carpe is an over the counter brand that has a variety of products and can be found on Amazon. I tried it once but it wasn’t as effective for me as Drysol. I think you have to be consistent with whatever product you try because I’ve found that there’s a cumulative efficacy. 

Valued Contributor

I wish I could help -- hope Lume does it for you. I have the opposite problem (and I'm told it is a problem) -- Chemotherapy killed my sweat glands, so I don't sweat and don't need deodorants any more. My son says it's a way of cooling the body, but I can't help it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found an excellent antiperspirant!  It's Certain Dri Roll On. Says on the package it's prescription strength and boy does it ever stop the sweat in my pits. Originally I bought it for an extended camping trip and I needed something to work for days w/o bathing...and it did! If you decide to try Certain Dri Roll On, be sure to read the directions carefully so you will get the best results and w/o irritation. Do not scrub your pits while bathing and be sure pits are completely dry before applying the roll on. I use a blowdryer to dry my pits before/after.

download (2).jpg

Valued Contributor

My sister ordered Lume and received a set of two so she let me try the coconut scented deodorant. The smell made me gag and I gave it right back. I usually love anything with a coconut scent during the summertime. She used the tangerine and didn’t like that scent either. She returned both for a refund
Valued Contributor

Yes, Certain Dri is a good one!  Unfortunately it is for underarms only.