Respected Contributor

Re: Have you sworn off buying perfume?

I really don't use scent except at home for my own pleasure.  Too many people have allergies and breathing problems.  I sure don't want to add to that.  In my opinion, those who continue to wear perfume in public are very selfish.

Respected Contributor

Because of allergy concerns, I wear only Summer Grace or Amazing Grace. I wear it for myself.....even around the house doing housework. So grateful to be able to wear these fragrances.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been about 10 years.  Cannot tolerate strong scents.

I do buy lightly scented moisturizers.

I never wear any cologne to the docs or dentist ofc.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I really don't use scent except at home for my own pleasure.  Too many people have allergies and breathing problems.  I sure don't want to add to that.  In my opinion, those who continue to wear perfume in public are very selfish.

If you wear the proper amount of scent, it doesn't bother anyone else , they don't even know you have it on unless they are especially close to you. One spritz of a light scent is hardly detectable - as it should be.

Esteemed Contributor

I also want to add that I don't want to try or buy fragrances that use tacky and trashy ads to sell their fragrances. Enough of the half naked models in print ads for fragrances, especially the British fashion mags which are the worst for these kinds of ads. Those ads do not make me want to try any of them. 

The fragrances I wear like Nest Paradise, Tocca Stella, or Aquolina Pink Sugar have no ads at all. I know about these fragrances from just trying them on in Sephora or from beauty boards.

Respected Contributor

I haven't sworn off totally but don't wear nearly what I used to. I was always on the search for a new scent. However, now a bottle lasts me so long so I am not as obsessed.

Valued Contributor

Never love my Chanel 5 and Coco

Honored Contributor

DH buys almost all my perfumes.  He spends more than I would.... Ha!  I go out and try them, let him know what I like, and he goes and buys it for special occassions such as my birthday and Christmas.  This way we never have to return an item and I am always happy not to spend "my own" money!   

Respected Contributor

No, I wear parfum every day. Love smelling good all day. Hubby also wears cologne daily. We both appreciate that our spouse always smells good. 😉

Honored Contributor

@151949- Agree with your statement about wearing the proper amount of fragrance will not bother others.   The poster stating that everyone that wears perfume is selfish is a pretty bold statement.  Perhaps it can be viewed that those not wanting anyone to wear perfume are selfish as well?