Honored Contributor

Re: Have you sworn off buying perfume?

I love perfume, but for some reason when I wear it these days I can taste it. Odd, but true, so no perfume for me.

Honored Contributor

I wear perfume every single day; alternating between Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Falling in Love, which are the only fragrances I own.   

Trusted Contributor

For years and years, I wore perfume daily, whether I was working, running errands, meeting friends for lunch or staying at home.  The last bottle I used was the original Tova signature scent.  By then I had read all of the comments about the "new" original Tova signature scent being changed, how much readers disliked it, so I didn't reorder. 

I went without fragrance for years and didn't try again until last year.  I began wearing a fragrance I was familiar with and had worn in the past.  I became acutely aware of what seemed to be a rubbing alcohol after smell when I wore the fragrance.  I tried yet another new fragrance I had tested in Macy's, still liked it by day's end, so I purchased a small bottle the next day.  After a week or so, I began to detect the alcohol after smell with that fragrance as well.  I guess my body chemistry has changed or I've become overly sensitive to any fragrance.  I miss wearing one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't sworn it off; I just can't seem to find one that is so appealing that I want to wear it every day.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I haven't sworn it off; I just can't seem to find one that is so appealing that I want to wear it every day.

Try out Crabtree & Evelyn if you have a store near you. They have a lot of single note scents - it is just like sniffing a flower. I particularly love the rose and the lily of the Valley.Very light and fresh scents. I got tired of the perfumes with so many scents mixed in.My DH loves the Lily of the Valley.

Honored Contributor

No ,I have no intention of doing this

Honored Contributor

Not in the least!  I love my perfumes.

Contributor

i love my vanilla fig.... love putting on fragrance even if i dont go out..

Contributor

me too, i love body lotions and smelling good..i use the vanilla fig lotion and use it daily and love it..

Esteemed Contributor

I like eau de toilette sprays but I'm picky about what I'll wear. I love looking at beauty items but the strong scents wafting in the air when you walk into a Sephora or a beauty section of the drugstore makes my nose start running like a faucet. I can't go into those places without bringing kleenex along.