Honored Contributor

Re: Have you sworn off buying perfume?

I never bought perfume but I have worn colognes and splashes and scented body lotion since I was a young teen.  I'm a woman and I like to smell good and feel feminine.  Why would I give that up?

Honored Contributor

Not at all.  It would never occur to me to stop buying perfume.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I don't buy extremely expensive perfume - I buy mostly crabtree & Evelyn which is mid price range. I put it on when I put on makeup and a bottle will usually last me about a year. So for approx $50 a year I can afford to wear  bit of light scent.

I know that many women put a ton on and it most likely doesn't last a year for them.I use one spritz only.

Crabtree and Evelyn made one of my favorite scents, " Somerset Meadow " . Sadly it seems to be discontinued, and it was so light and pretty. 🙁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I still have my staple fragrance that I still buy all the time at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, half the price....Dolce Gabbana..LIGHT BLUE.  Its my favorite and have to always have.

But thats about it.  I still have my amazing grace and pure grace, but I use that sparingly.

Sam's sells the 3.3 oz for $65 instead of $100 at retail.

Valued Contributor

Not really.  But, I can't buyy AG or PG anymore because it is not the same as the original when Christina Carlino still owned the company.  I still think there is an ingredient missing.  I wrote about this in  another posting a few days ago and don't want to repeat myself.

I have my faves and recently was looking for Oscar.  I wonder if it still smells the same.

Valued Contributor

Fer sure.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  I have found that body butters and/or cremes/lotions last longer than the fragrance.  Fragrance is expensive but I also have found that purchasing fragrance through a cosmetic line cost a lot less.  I LOVE Laura Mercier's Almond Coconut fragrance and body butter.  The body butter does last longer.  I always receive compliments when I wear this scent.   The fragrance is $55 and the body butter is $35.  Laura offers other very nice scents. I purchase when she offers 20% discounts.   Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I haven't bought any new cologne/perfume in awhile, but there is one I'd like to get.  I don't go out much where I need to wear it so I'm holding off and just using what I already have.  I'm not even sure about packing any for our upcoming trip - just thought I would wear scented body butter and leave it at that.  We'll see.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

i too have sworn off buying perfume, for the simple reason that i love the scent that’s why i bought it in the first place, and then after a few uses, i remember how much i hate smelling it (perfume) on myself all day. i know. i’m so weird. 

No you aren’tSmiley Happy.  Sometimes I feel the same way. 

Honored Contributor

No, No and No. I love Perfume!!!!!! I love wearing it, I wear every day, unless I am staying home, which isn't very often, as I still work fulltime.

I also love trying new scents too much! But  Perfume is outrageously priced for sure!