Honored Contributor

Have you sworn off buying perfume?

I decided to do that.  I'd rather spend the money on other things.  We hardly go out and the kind I like is too expensive for wearing around the house.

So has anyone else as of late, decided to forgo using this also?  

Or......have you decided to stop using something else that's kind of a "beauty" type of item for you?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you sworn off buying perfume?

i too have sworn off buying perfume, for the simple reason that i love the scent that’s why i bought it in the first place, and then after a few uses, i remember how much i hate smelling it (perfume) on myself all day. i know. i’m so weird. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a collection that will probably outlive me.  I don't notice people wearing much of it anymore.  And in close spaces sometimes "too much" is annoying.. as in airplane rides etc.  I think it depends on how heavy it is applied.  

Regular Contributor

i wear purfume almost everyday... I stick with a few I like.  tova was my fav..it's changed but I still wear it.. I also love a spray of philosophy pure grace with it.   winter or fall/evening I like original opium..bought a few old versions off ebay.. because of course that's changed also Smiley Sad      too much info?   but the answer is yes I still buy purfume... 

Trusted Contributor

I no longer buy perfume because I have sinus issues and had to quit wearing it.  I would start smelling stale cigarette smoke without any reason (no smokers nearby and none had ever been in the area) and finally traced it to wearing perfume.  It went away completely when I stopped the perfume.  I miss it.  It made me feel so feminine when I wore Beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

No.  I am a fragranceaholic.  I have some "good" perfumes and then I  have several scented body lotions with the spritz to match.  I wear a scent of some kind every single day.  I have to put on body lotion so why not smell good while I'm at it.   

Trusted Contributor

I still have my staple fragrance that I still buy all the time at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, half the price....Dolce Gabbana..LIGHT BLUE.  Its my favorite and have to always have.

But thats about it.  I still have my amazing grace and pure grace, but I use that sparingly.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, after trying NEST try-me collection.  Ohhh the headache and postage to return it.

Done!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy extremely expensive perfume - I buy mostly crabtree & Evelyn which is mid price range. I put it on when I put on makeup and a bottle will usually last me about a year. So for approx $50 a year I can afford to wear  bit of light scent.

I know that many women put a ton on and it most likely doesn't last a year for them.I use one spritz only.

Honored Contributor

I only wish I could. I love fragrance and I indulge myself from time to time . My current favorite is Gucci Bloom. When I worked, it was in a hospital, so I was careful not to wear anything scented. Now I love smelling good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan