Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you heard of the Bixie haircut?

@San Antonio Gal  I seem to recall that you posted a few weeks ago that you were getting a chin length bob.  Did you already have it done? 

Ciara is, of course, beautiful, and this particular style is really flattering.  Hope you will post a pic, too.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  I seem to recall that you posted a few weeks ago that you were getting a chin length bob.  Did you already have it done? 

Ciara is, of course, beautiful, and this particular style is really flattering.  Hope you will post a pic, too.

I haven't gotten it cut yet @LuvSoCal .  Any day now.  I really do like Ciara's cut.  I wouldn't mind getting her cut -  maybe just a tad longer.

Honored Contributor

Is it just me? I don't see anything new about this at all.It looks nice on her (though the makeup and eyebrow-too much!).

And you would have to have a hair dwyer/brush to straighten out most hair types so not very low maintenance.

I think it is marketing by hair salons who need to pull people back from the pandemic!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

LOOOOOOVE this cut!!!!!

Respected Contributor

A "Bixie", how cute-  A gorgeous woman, for sure!  THe cut is adorable, if your hair is easy and will oblige!  Mine has a mind of its own and changes constantly through the day unless I wear crispy hair spray-And forget summertime, I don't even try.  I just let it do it's natural thing

Esteemed Contributor

Monica, Ciara is also married to Russell Wilson, quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks. They are always appearing together in different events and do charity work. 

I like the hairstyle on her, very pretty. Russell Wilson is good looking himself. They make a nice couple. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  If you look at YT videos of Dominique Sachse (sp?), she has this cut, too. She explains it as a pixie/bob. IMO, pixie cuts have lots of shorter layers and bobs are usually all one length. 

If you asked your hairsylist for a pixie bob, you'll need to have pics. It would mean something different to every one you'd go see.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

What the hell is she wearing?

The hair looks more like a bob to me.  I don't see how anyone can call that a pixie or even a partial pixie.

@SurferWife   I totally agree. I've worn a short pixie since my childhood, except for several times I grew it out to almost shoulder length on a whim. It has always been short at the neckline, many short layers and sometimes  short enough on the crown to spike it up a bit w/ a wax. I've had this cut for so many decades, I vary the length, bangs or no bangs, left to air dry curly or use a round brush to straighten the layers. 

I think it's a good thing to vary haircuts and makeup often.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Oh no I really should not.

My hair cut looks similar to hers, but that is where it ends!

My face does not belong on the internet. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 My hair has no mind of it's own. It is straight & has no body.

No mind. No body. Sounds sad.

I just blow it over that way with a hair dryer & that is what it does.