Frequent Contributor

There is a Facebook ad called Olivella1 that is promoting a product with a video of QVC models and Nick Chavez. I commented on it and asked if Nick was connected with this product. They  removed my comment along with another lady who noticed the same thing. I commented again saying I would find a way to contact Nick Chavez to ask him if this was his product. I did and recieved a message from him saying that they have discovered several foreign companies using his footage to illegally promote their products. I was able to send him the link and he said he would follow up. As I'm writing this, he sent me another message saying he sent the link to his attorney and that after checking, they also have a website using his footage. This makes me so mad. QVC should also go after them as they are using QVC models.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you heard of Olivella?

[ Edited ]

I don't know about the models or Nick but I did try the Olivella Serum and it was way too oily for me. Threw it out after using it for a week.

ETA- 

Olivella1 is not the same as the Olivella skincare products sold on the Q. You need to change that in the title of your thread @bohogypsy 

Honored Contributor

@bohogypsy    Good call!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

It just made me so angry. They have no idea what is involved in starting your own business, making it grow, launching new products, etc. And to just steal from someone and let your potential customers think this is the product they will be receiving and the results they will get from it, is just so wrong.

Respected Contributor

Some lawyers will get ahold of this information and get the lawsuits rolling.  Ca-ching!

Trusted Contributor

I don't know what "Olivella 1" is and have not seen the facebook ad, but QVC does sell Olivella products currently. They also sold Olivella back in the 90s as I recall purchasing some stuff at the outlet store - a set of 4 bars of soap and a container of liquid hand soap.

Regardless, no one should be using another vendors image to promote their products. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Probaby no connection, but I have a vague recollection of an olive oil based bar soap called Olivella.  Maybe I'm wrong and it was just a similar name.  What I do remember is that I didn't care for it.  

Honored Contributor

Korres™ -- HSN has olive oil skin products, if that's what you need

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Korres™ -- HSN has olive oil skin products, if that's what you need

I don't know if the OP is doing a product search.  It sounds to me like she's reporting scammers. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Probaby no connection, but I have a vague recollection of an olive oil based bar soap called Olivella.  Maybe I'm wrong and it was just a similar name.  What I do remember is that I didn't care for it.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  this is probably the soap you and @SilleeMee  mentioned. I purchased it years ago from QVC after a recommendation from my cousin about how it changed her skin. It did nothing for mine.

Soap - Copy.jpg

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.