Trusted Contributor

Have you had any Laser Skin Treatments?

Good morning. I'm so excited because I just purchased my first Laser Skin Treatment. I'm having Laser Genesis in about two weeks. (purchased a package of 3 for $175). Have you have any laser treatments? I totally shied away because they are usually far more expensive (I got a deal throught Gilt City), but many people swear by them. I have a few rolling scars on my cheek and figured I might as well spend a bit more for something that is proven to work. As much as I love facials, there results simply aren't the same.

For more information Laser Genesis, you can visit:https://www.skinbarnyc.com/2016/01/27/everything-you-need-to-know-about-laser-genesis/. This is not the spa I'm receiving my treatments FYI. Just thought it was informative.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Have you had any Laser Skin Treatments?

I've had several IPL treatments over the years.  The first one was crazy.  It feels like a rubber band snap on the skin.  I felt sunburned for about 2 hours after the procedure and the dark spots on my skin got really dark like the color of a brown mole.  After about 4 days, they all sloughed off while I was in the shower.  I wore bare minerals at the time and it covered most of the dark spots.  I only had one treatment that resulted in swelling.  It wasn't very fun.  I looked like I had really chubby cheeks. 

I just got one done about a month ago, mainly to try and calm down the redness in my skin.  They are supposed to be more effective when you do a series of treatments. I found a deal from groupon for $111 for 2 treatments.  A great deal!

What kind of laser treatment are you going to get?

Trusted Contributor

Following thread.

The cosmetic dermatologist near me has all kinds of lasers. I need something done for my face but can't afford surgery, and wondering of lasers can at least help a little.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a 'laser lift' done several years ago. Face, eyes and neck. Took about six months from start to finish. Took years away and I am still happy with it. Derm used a Yag laser. There was some down time but not long, just a day or two of redness and no pain. I had the option of Uthera but that was still in it's early development so I did not go that route. Right now I have some tiny blood vessels which appear as red dots on my face as the result of my scleroderma that have become noticeably larger recently. I had some removed by laser a few years ago but new ones have appeared in different areas since then. I need to have them lasered away sometime. I'm just using concealer to cover them...nbd.

fyi...IPL is not the same as laser. IPL uses full-spectrum light whereas lasers use specified wavelengths of light designed to treat a number of skin conditions, including hair at the follicles.