Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever gotten AMAZING results from skin care?

On 4/22/2015 HayJen said:

Through trial and error I think I finally have hit on a routine that works for my sensitive combo/dry skin. Biggest improvement is when I stated using Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970 lotion about 2 weeks ago. Found out about it on some high end skin care blogs and it gets great reviews on the alley. It has gotten rid of milia I've always had under and near my eyes, and reduced my pore size. Only a couple of places in the US where you can buy it and it is pricey (I paid $37 with shipping for a 1.7 oz sample size) but it should last me at least 3 months using it only at night. Switched to a ph balanced cleanser (Cerave), alternate using Atrailn (a gentle .05 version of Tretinon & my Alpha Hydroxy 12%) at night. Following up using a couple of different oils instead of a regular night cream because I can't use skincare products that have a lot of added ingredients. Daytime is Vitamin C serum and a good sunscreen. I find my skin isn't so dry now, my pores are smaller and much better skin tone. The P50 lotion was the real game changer for me.

It took me a while, but I did find the ingredient list:

water, glycerin, phenol, niacinamide, vinegar, magnesium chloride, lactic acid, arctium lappa root extract, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, sulfur

Phenol is banned in some countries and restricted in others. I would be wary of its use, especially given its position here in the ingredient list.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've used the smaller version of Peter Thomas Roth's products (Wash, serum, facial pads and moisturizing gel) and have been pretty happy with the results although I've had to back off the facial pads and not use them so often (I have sensitive skin).... but his products are very nice.

I recently bought the TSV which had the mega-sized products. I got it yesterday and am delighted with the size and pricing. As I said, his products are worth trying.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/28/2015 BluebellePA said:

I love Elysee products. These are the only products that ever worked for me. I love the science behind them and they are reasonably priced. Fountain of Youth, Resurrection Serum, Firmance Serum, Oxynate Conditioning Creme, in that order. It sounds like a lot but the first three are serums and absorb immediately right into your skin. Then I use Resculpting Concentrate for chin and neck. They have really made a difference for me and I am the biggest sceptic ever. Drinking water (I add cucumber slices) is a secret weapon to keep skin hydrated.

I use their products for the area around the eyes and have been pleased for the 3 years I've been using them

Contributor

On 4/22/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Through trial and error I think I finally have hit on a routine that works for my sensitive combo/dry skin. Biggest improvement is when I stated using Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970 lotion about 2 weeks ago. Found out about it on some high end skin care blogs and it gets great reviews on the alley. It has gotten rid of milia I've always had under and near my eyes, and reduced my pore size. Only a couple of places in the US where you can buy it and it is pricey (I paid $37 with shipping for a 1.7 oz sample size) but it should last me at least 3 months using it only at night. Switched to a ph balanced cleanser (Cerave), alternate using Atrailn (a gentle .05 version of Tretinon & my Alpha Hydroxy 12%) at night. Following up using a couple of different oils instead of a regular night cream because I can't use skincare products that have a lot of added ingredients. Daytime is Vitamin C serum and a good sunscreen. I find my skin isn't so dry now, my pores are smaller and much better skin tone. The P50 lotion was the real game changer for me.

water, glycerin, phenol, niacinamide, vinegar, magnesium chloride, lactic acid, arctium lappa root extract, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, sulfur

Phenol is banned in some countries and restricted in others. I would be wary of its use, especially given its position here in the ingredient list.

They have different versions of the Lotion PH 50 without the Phenol. If you want a good run down on the different kinds, go to skinandtonics. com. Lots of ladies on the alley have had great results from using all the different version's (I think there are 4) . Never have used anything that has much such a big difference in my skin in such a short amount of time. You pat in on, not wipe, so that helps too.

Frequent Contributor

Amazing? Well maybe not that but results I'm quite happy with from Paula's Choice. My skin looks really good!

Super Contributor

I have used Principal Secret for 20+ years. I have no wrinkles or lines. I'm 50. Nobody believes I'm my age. I love all the products in the Reclaim line. I order my customized kits every 90 days and they average $10 per item. Great deal. I hope Victoria Principal never stops making it. I started using the line watching her on QVC years ago.

I do use some Dr. Denese items (like Hydroshield) that I also know have helped my skin. Hydroshield is Dr. Denese's best product.

Respected Contributor

artistry luxury cream. it's been really good for my 60 yr. old skin. using cerave moisturing cleanser and i'm happy with that too.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2015 suzyQ3 said:

They have different versions of the Lotion PH 50 without the Phenol. If you want a good run down on the different kinds, go to skinandtonics. com. Lots of ladies on the alley have had great results from using all the different version's (I think there are 4) . Never have used anything that has much such a big difference in my skin in such a short amount of time. You pat in on, not wipe, so that helps too.

Yes, I did see that there is a phenol-free formula. I think that would be a wise choice for someone who is interested.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 3/28/2015 BluebellePA said:

I love Elysee products. These are the only products that ever worked for me. I love the science behind them and they are reasonably priced. Fountain of Youth, Resurrection Serum, Firmance Serum, Oxynate Conditioning Creme, in that order. It sounds like a lot but the first three are serums and absorb immediately right into your skin. Then I use Resculpting Concentrate for chin and neck. They have really made a difference for me and I am the biggest sceptic ever. Drinking water (I add cucumber slices) is a secret weapon to keep skin hydrated.

ME TOO...especially when I use any Elyssee as a P.M. treatment.