Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever gotten AMAZING results from skin care?

Paula's Choice 2% BHA (liquid, gel, or lotion) is one of my favorites for skin texture and clarity. Some days I use the lotion on its own and apply with fingers. Other days I use the liquid and mix it into my Dr. Denese Hydroshield Serum or Josie Maran Argan Milk. I can always tell when I'm not using it because the daily exfoliation keeps my forehead so smooth and it doesn't cause the irritation that I get with use of things like Exfolikate or the rice powder from Tatcha.

I also really like the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Overnight Mask. I wake up with smoother and brighter skin, which is nice. It can be drying, so I apply the mask and let it sink in for about 30 minutes, then put an oil over it.

I love Origins masks - Out of Trouble is great for spot treating acne, Clear Improvement is great for clearing up pores, and Drink Up Intensive is a wonderful overnight moisture boost. (Sometimes Drink Up Intensive over the FAB Facial Radiance Mask and wait another 30 minutes and add an oil over both.)

Dr Denese Hydroshield is also really good. The skin on my face has very few lines and no wrinkles (yet), but where I really see the difference is on the crepey skin on the back of my hands. When I used the trial size, I always squirted it on the back of my left hand and then applied it to my face. After a few days, I noticed that the back of my left hand looked better than my right - it was less crepey and had a radiance and just looked better. Now I use Hydroshield on my hands and face.

Josie Maran Argan Milk is another serum I love. I found that if I used it under a moisturizer or oil at night, I woke up with skin that felt soft and dewy.

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask - this has quickly become my favorite lip balm. I bought it in December and still have about 3/4 of the tube left. I like it so much I bought another so I have one in my pocket when I go out and one at home at all times. I keep it in my pocket because it's hard to squeeze from the tube if it's cool, but my pocket keeps it soft and easy to use.

For what it's worth, I don't expect AMAZING results from anything. I've posted the things that, for me, are better than average and stand out.

Respected Contributor

I have been using some samples of PC's 2% BHA gel. I like it so far so maybe I'll try some other PC samples.
Contributor

RachB Are Skinn products heavily perfumed? - they all have a scent to them, but for me, I would not describe it as heavily perfumed.

Contributor

I bought the PMD back in December, and I'd swear it helps my skin care products penetrate my skin and work better. I use PCA Skin along with Retina A and an acne RX. I had okay skin with just topical skin care, but I really believe the PMD has had the biggest impact. My skin color is more even, and I get fewer breakouts.
Respected Contributor

I credit my Clarisonic for a big transformation in my skin. Though I also started using Josie's argan milk and oil around the same time.
Super Contributor

Creme de la Mer.
Trusted Contributor

Besides Retin A: Skinn, Dr. Perricone, and Dr. Denese

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Isomers Immortal (used the vials) made my under eyes look plumper and less hollow. The difference was subtle but there was a definite improvement. This is the first time this has happened with any other eye products I have tried. Others have hydrated but none made my eyes look somewhat younger like Immortal did. I ordered the new Immortal eye serum too.

Frequent Contributor

Yes La Prarie night cream.
Honored Contributor

I've always had pretty good skin but Paula's choice BHA products have ramped it up, as has NCN's vitamin C serum and now also Paula's moisture boost oil which has saved my skin this winter from ever getting dry. That is a first ever so I'd say that is pretty darn amazing!