Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you ever bought an eyeshadow palette and wondered

[ Edited ]

YES!  I got roped into purchasing the Tati palette when she was huge on Ytube.  The concept of each color in different textures seemed like a win for me, except I wouldn't wear ANY of the super glitter shadows (there's minus 5 shadows) and found most of the others with too red a base for me to wear. So there were two shades I could work with and only 4 of the textures in each color. And the shadows are SOOO pigmented, eveery look I tried looked like Halloween.  

I still have it, but may gift it to my Cousin's daughters.  My niece doesn't like or wear much makeup.  But the palette was $50 and all I could think of was 'What were you thinking?!"

BTW, @JudyL , If you're looking to get rid of the ND Glam palette, I'll take it off your hands!  LOL.  I have been lusting after that one for a while, purchased the Alter Ego dupe and while it's ok (it's getting better for me)  a couple of the cooler shades from ND aren't there and that's what i really wanted.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL , I have one of the IT cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palettes from a couple of years ago and it is one of my favorite purchases.  They no longer sell it.

It came with 6 eyeshadows, a blush, highlighter, bronzer and brow powder, in a substantial metal container with a mirror.  

I have totally used 3 of the shadows and have hit pan on a couple of the others.  The blush is one of my favorites and I have hit pan on that as well.  It is huge so I'm not sure I'll ever use it all the way up though.  LOL

I'm not big on the brozer as a bronzer but I do use it as eyeshadow.  The only thing I don't really use is the brow powder because it's the completely wrong color for me.  

I have several shadow palettes I really don't use.  The majority of them are from Boxy Charm.  Pretty but just not for me.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Uh. No. I did not get whacked. My 5 grandsons are 12, 9, 9, 7 & 5. All different sizes. I was doing a pinata for one of the 9's birthday & had to keep that llama swinging & going up & down or the bigger ones would have beaten it to death before the littles could have a whack.

I irritated something there, but the boys had a great time so...

II hope yours feels better soon.

Respected Contributor

I don’t like eyeshadow. I don’t think it looks good behind my glasses. But does that stop me from buying eye shadow palettes? Of course not.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

Wait, you don't wear it but you buy it?  Are you buying Pat McGrath or WM palettes to stare at lovingly?  BTW, the colors mesmerize me too (but I wear them).

Honored Contributor

Today I decided to try the UD Naked 2 mini palette one more time using the smaller brushes that I bought.  Well, let me tell you, what a huge difference for the better!  The shadow went on great, blended easily, and looks fine.  Been checking it off and on all day and I still like it! LOL  So guess that palette will go back in the keep pile.

Respected Contributor

@monikam. Both! But it’s usually Colour Pop and Too Faced palettes that get me. I’m sucker for a themed palette. I keep thinking I’ll find something I like, but no. I just use my bronzer for eye shadow.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

Well whatever makes you happy Smiley Happy

I'm on a kick right now of using bronzer for blush and topping it with the Huda NYMPH Kiss Glow Blush.  Going to try it as a sheer wash of color for e/s someday

Huda.JPG

Duo-Chrome Rose Gold Shimmer. Super Buildable. Dimensional Radiance & Killer Glow!

Take your blush desires to new, shimmering dimensions with our super unique, blush-highlighter blend. N.Y.M.P.H. KISS Glow Blush is a silky, duo-chrome formula that can be used as a blush or a shaded highlighter, warming up your skin with a luminous flush of pink and gold for instant color and shine without any chunky, unwanted glitter!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! And why it's taken me so long to throw them out!