Honored Contributor

Have you Heard of "Lumene"?????

Since my No 7 tinted moisturizer oxidized on me, I have been in search of a replacement.  I purchased Lumene CC cream.  It receives high reviews and it is a Finnish cosmetic co. in skincare and makeup.  This particular product has medium coverage, and SPF 20 for all skin types, weightless, primes, covers redness and longwear.  I also decided to try their day cream because I had a $5 gift card from Target.  The products are infused with wild Artic ingredients. If you are familiar or have purchased Lumene products, please share your experience.  Cat Happy 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you Heard of "Lumene"?????

@Katcat1 

You are singing @just bee’s song!   🎶

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   What???

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Sorry to be so obtuse.  I just was calling out to @just bee, who is a huge Lumene fan.  She probably won’t be on the forums until at least tomorrow morning, but I’m sure she can give you some insight into the Lumene products.  She loves them!

Respected Contributor

I've not tried Lumene but I watched reviews  online and would ike to try it. It looks like you can't purchase Lumene in stores but can order it from Target or Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey   Lumene is sold in the store at Target and CVS Pharmacy.  It seems that Target carries more of Lumene's products.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Katcat1 

You are singing @just bee’s song!   🎶

@geezerette 

You mean this song?

Lumene

You saw me standing alone

Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own

Lumene

You knew just what I was there for

You heard me saying a prayer for

Something I really could care for...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@Katcat1 

Sorry to be so obtuse.  I just was calling out to @just bee, who is a huge Lumene fan.  She probably won’t be on the forums until at least tomorrow morning, but I’m sure she can give you some insight into the Lumene products.  She loves them!

@geezerette 

@Katcat1 

There's a first time for everything.  @geezerette  is never obtuse!

It's been years, but it was here on the QVC forums when someone mentioned Lumene BB cream.  Like you, @Katcat1 , I had a problem with oxidation.  The first product that really worked for me was bareMinerals.  I was already close to forty, but it was perfect.  The right color and so foolproof.  Then I turned fifty.

I had to abandon powder and move to a more liquid foundation.  I'd tried several (this was about the time philosophy rolled out their "hybrid") but nothing was really performing as well as bareMinerals.

Then someone mentioned Lumene.

I'd seen it at Walgreens so I went ahead and gave it a try.  It was better than what I'd been using and I liked the price.  But then I tried the CC cream...

And that's the song @geezerette  was referring to.  And you couldn't shut me up.

I've tried several Lumene products and I've liked them all.  In fact, I had an impressive collection when my house burned and I lost all my beauty products (contamination).  I'm paring down so the Lumene products I currently use (and refuse to give up) are the CC cream and the only facial moisturizer I've ever been able to use: Glow Reveal.

Problem: Lumene has been getting more and more difficult to find.  CVS and Walgreens once offered several Lumene products with regular sales.  Not the case anymore.  I searched and found Lumene at Dermstore, then Ulta. 

Then poof!  Gone.

I had stopped shopping at Target but one day I discovered Lumene on their website.  And it was on sale.  Not the great prices I'd taken advantage of in the past, but at least someone was carrying it.

I have used the products for several years and I live in fear that they will disappear completely.  I've already made arrangements to move to Finland if this happens.

Still singing for now...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Glow Reveal

Glow Reveal

Glow Reveal

Honored Contributor

CC cream