Regular Contributor

Re: Have to start using shampoo for silver hair

Ive used most of the shampoos that  have been recomended and my favorite one is SUAVE PROFESSIONAL MOROCCAN INFUSION shine shampoo.can be found most anywhere.   My hair is white and this can be used on silver hair as well. This is for dry or normal hair.many compliments on my hair always asked what I use.

Valued Contributor

@panda1234 

Hi I have salt and pepper and was using as purple shampoo once a week I never really liked the way it felt afterwards My regular shampoo I use is Function of Beauty which is fabulous.  I recently purchased the Maison 276 and use that 3 piece system once a week and it really makes you hair soft and shiny . It is white so it doesn't stain or leave any residue 

Honored Contributor

I use Shiny Silver that was recommended by a beautician.  I get it at Sally's & its on Amazon.  My present beautician always tells me what great condition my white hair is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I use Jhirmak every day.  It has never turned my hair blue/purple.

Also, I am careful not to use too much heat on my hair.  White or silver hair will burn and  turn yellow, or any product in your hair will scorch and yellow your hair.

Respected Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@panda1234 

Hi I have salt and pepper and was using as purple shampoo once a week I never really liked the way it felt afterwards My regular shampoo I use is Function of Beauty which is fabulous.  I recently purchased the Maison 276 and use that 3 piece system once a week and it really makes you hair soft and shiny . It is white so it doesn't stain or leave any residue 

@marmarbrooklyn  another person posted using Maison276 so I looked it up. Never heard of it. I am going to try it, thank you for the suggestion.

Valued Contributor

@panda1234

Hi yes I had seen a review of it here and I jotted it down .During the quarantine here in NYC working from home during breaks. I started googling. different. Blogs and websites for silver hair.I noticed a few of them mentioned the brand . I purchased the system and it is very nice . I follow their Instagram page and they are great at responding to questions have a great day 😀

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I use Milkshake Silver Shine.

It was recommended by my stylist.

It's purple so he did tell me to only use it once a week and to mix it in with my regular shampoo.

haha! Mine DIDN'T and I ended up with a head full of purple hair. Fortunately, it eventually wore off.