Respected Contributor

Have to start using shampoo for silver hair

I have no idea what is good out there as there are so many. Looking for suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Have to start using shampoo for silver hair

I use Milkshake Silver Shine.

It was recommended by my stylist.

It's purple so he did tell me to only use it once a week and to mix it in with my regular shampoo.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I have no idea what is good out there as there are so many. Looking for suggestions. 

I use Wen, but would use anything, no difference in color of hair.

Esteemed Contributor

I use this: 

20200327_094334.jpg

Maison 276 from the Q.  I like it because it is not blue/purple.  I don't care for the blue/purple look that hair picks up when you use them and I have tried many of them.  It really conditions, brightens, and makes my hair shiny.  A little goes a long way.  

It has great reviews.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

I use Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and conditioner.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234  I own Acure for blond hair; however, it is for gray hair too (which I have) and no sulfates.

Aveda Blue Malva but it has sulfates.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I use this: 

20200327_094334.jpg

Maison 276 from the Q.  I like it because it is not blue/purple.  I don't care for the blue/purple look that hair picks up when you use them and I have tried many of them.  It really conditions, brightens, and makes my hair shiny.  A little goes a long way.  

It has great reviews.

@tends2dogs  Never knew  Q had this. I just checked it out and will order it. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I'm not using anything special for grey hair. I do, however try to stay away from sulfates and silicones and use a protectant spray or oil (many available at different price ranges) to keep yellow away from the damaging sun. I also wear a hat with spf protection when out walking or gardening.

The few times I've tried purple shampoos, my hair had a tinge of blue/purple even though just left it on long enough to wash hair. If there's rarely any yellow, I use a clarifying shampoo. 

Honored Contributor

I use several.  I prefer to switch shampoos every couple of days.

Clairol ShimmerLights

Jhirmak

Studio 35 Beauty Toning Shampoo

Plus several other non-silver shampoos in between the silvers.

Occasional Contributor

I tried using many different shamoos for white hair but turned hair with purple tinge..For years now I use my regular shampoo and put a small amount of the purple shampoo in it ..I mix it up in a container and than place in a bottle from container store with a top that I can sques out amount that I need.  An extra step but worth the ease of use.