Respected Contributor

Re: Have they really sold 8 million Josie Maran body butter?

I could imagine they sold that number. I don’t know when it first came out but there have been several body butter TSVs over the years in addition to what is sold during Josie’s many shows.  She is always adding new scents which I’m sure helps with sales. 

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Shawn exxggerate? Surely you jest @depglass LOL  I tried it and did not like it but that's just my opinion, I like Beekmans better.

QVC is very strict in what they say legally , so i believe the numbers , but i understand what you meant about the host.

Honored Contributor

I'd love something with lightning fast absorbency!

I can't stand "ick"!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I believe it @depglass.  I have never tried First Aid, so can't compare, but it is certainly better than any philosophy body lotion, I don't know if they have a butter.

It is creamy and absorbs very well for me, but I think you will have to try it to decide how it will absorb on your skin.  Mine is on the dry side,  but not flaky dry.  But I do use nice products that probably keep it that way.

I do use and love many (not all) of Josie's products.

Respected Contributor

Body butters, on me, take forever to absorb and I just do not have the patience or time.  Best lotion for my dry, itchy skin is Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. And it's unscented.  My husband, who's skin is even worse than my alligator legs, has great success with Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

But, yes, I'm sure she meant overall total that includes all sets, etc.  HSN does this also when they mention numbers sold.

Respected Contributor

@depglass I've tried SO MANY different body butters... JM, Korres, FAB, Perlier, Beekman, M. Asam, ETC ....   my favorite 2 are the FIRST AID BEAUTY and the KORRES.  I also love the Korres oils,  which absorb so quickly. 

JM's butters are okay.  I liked them more in the beginning but I think they've gotten a little sticky over the past few years.  FAB absorbs instantly and is also so healing.    I'm also not a big fan of the majority of JM's scents, so I always stuck with the unscented when I could.  I would not repurchase her butter.

Her face butter is magnificent however!  I love that and the Meno reverse by Korres for the face. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried and liked the body butter. What I learned was less is more so I didn't get that greasy feel. It takes a little longer to absorb into the skin.

Respected Contributor

I guess I don't care what I am using as long as it lasts once it's been applied. I need the moisture to hang in there! Josie Maran butters are lovely but dont go the distance for me. I switched to Divine Drip Honey Butter, and voila! Rich and really lasts. A little can go a long way too.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me. It's one of my favorites but I rarely buy it because of the price. I tried First Aid once and didn't like it. I don't remember why but I do remember throwing some of it away. I still use philosophy once in a while. Mostly I use Korres or Bath and Body Works when they're having a sale.