Honored Contributor

Re: Have any of you done Intermittent Fasting and seen your complexion improve, plus other benefits?

I've posted this before, but this and probably other restrictive diets are not appropriate for those who have an eating disorder. It also might be a good idea to check your physician first if you have any medical issues

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have any of you done Intermittent Fasting and seen your complexion improve, plus other benefits?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My skin greatly changed when I started to drink 100oz of water a day.  I saw a big difference in the skin on both my face and my body.  The skin on my face has never been better.  I haven't changed my way of eating.

100!  That's great.  I thought I was doing good with my 75-80 oz a day.

Honored Contributor

Yes! 

Although I couch that with I have also overhauled my diet.  I no longer eat dairy, grains, or sugar.  Only extremely rarely and my skin rarely breaks out anymore.  I never had a huge problem with that but it was often enough and now rare.

I really feel IF has helped more with weight.  I am the thinnest I have ever been and that's not because I starve.  It just changed the last 10 pounds in the composition of my body so I am much leaner.  I exercise a lot less now than I ever did and I am in the best shape ever.  IMO, IF played a big part in that.

I do 16:8 most days but I am not a slave to it.   

Regular Contributor

I have not found that to be the case for me at all!  My body is toned and svelt - I IF every day as a way of life. - it's 2nd nature to me now!  Eat my first meal of the day at about 1:00 and then a light dinner (if hungry) at 4 or 5 - then I'm done.

I LOVE my animal protein! Eat high amounts of good fat, moderate protein, and healthy carbs mostly in the form of veggies.  I have zero imflamation in my body Smiley Happy. I think that everyone's body is different and we should all do what works for us.  IF ON!

Regular Contributor

OH - and PS. - my skin is in the best shape of my life!  I use medical grade skin care and do regular facials and micro needling - love this stuff!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My skin greatly changed when I started to drink 100oz of water a day.  I saw a big difference in the skin on both my face and my body.  The skin on my face has never been better.  I haven't changed my way of eating.

@Wsmom, I was having chronic UTI issues so my doctor told me to drink 100 oz a day.  I have not had an issue since I did that so win, win.  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Wsmom, I was having chronic UTI issues so my doctor told me to drink 100 oz a day.  I have not had an issue since I did that so win, win.  Smiley Happy 

Win, win is right!   I don't know if you have heard of Ellura, but check it out if they start up again.  My urogist told me about it.  Not an rx.  Helps keep those UTIs at bay.  She recommends it to her patients with chronic UTIs. 
Esteemed Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@CaChica  There is an old saying "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper".  

I have always felt it is better to eat your bigger meals during the day when you are active. 

@VenturaHighway .....that's what they do in Italy.  Lunch is the biggest meal of the day.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector Heart  My family always had their big meal at noon.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@CaChica  There is an old saying "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper".  

I have always felt it is better to eat your bigger meals during the day when you are active. 

I have maintained a 120++ pound weight loss for 24 years now by doing this.  I do not eat past 5:30pm and I don't eat breakfast until 8:30am the next day but I don't fast on purpose it's just my work sched. but, this type of eating has worked perfectly for me!