Trusted Contributor

Re: Have any of you done Intermittent Fasting and seen your complexion improve, plus other benefits?

@SandGirl wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@CaChica  There is an old saying "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper".  

I have always felt it is better to eat your bigger meals during the day when you are active. 

I have maintained a 120++ pound weight loss for 24 years now by doing this.  I do not eat past 5:30pm and I don't eat breakfast until 8:30am the next day but I don't fast on purpose it's just my work sched. but, this type of eating has worked perfectly for me!

@VenturaHighway 

My grandma preached and practiced that saying since I was old enough to remember until her passing at 100 years and 6 months to the day. I'd say it worked quite well for her. Her skin and hair were beautiful, even at 100 years old. She had boundless energy, bowled on 3 different leagues until she was 95 years old, gardened, lunched with friends, attended church services every Sunday and never missed an event at the local senior center. Sadly, she tripped on the rug, took a hard fall to the floor and passed quietly 8 days later. That was 6 years ago, I believe she lived her life to the fullest. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Have any of you done Intermittent Fasting and seen your complexion improve, plus other benefits?

@SandGirl @Quinny  I don't consider this a diet but a smart way to eat. Most of us, aren't as active in the evening.  And I don't believe that it is healthy to eat right before you go to bed.

Honored Contributor

I don't go 16 hours without eating, but regularly go 14.  I generally have yogurt with Grape Nuts and flax seed mixed in for breakfast aroung 9:30 or 10:00.  I like a largish lunch around 1:30 and then just a snack in the evening, generally about 7:30 or 8:00, something like a Sargento Balanced Break.  I go to bed around 11:30.  That's what works for me.  

Super Contributor

YES!!! Just started the last few weeks.

I'm not a moring person & being retired tend to sleep to approx 8:30-9:00 & am never hungry in the morning, so Dr. Oz has a great 20 program where you skip breakfast & eat lunch dinner & a snack if needed (instructions on his website). Finish eating by 7:00 PM & you can even cheat on the week-end if you go out to dinner etc. with Hubby or friends.

So far it's been awsome..I've lost almost 5 pounds during the first 10 days, feel so much better, have more energy & can't wait to have my blood work rechecked after changing my fasting shedule/dietary habits for the 6 months until my annual physical.

For those on Keto...my Doc told me that Seniors need more protein than allowed & it can be super hard on your kidneys etc. Just my 2 cents.

Whatever you choose please check with your Doc first...some of us have pre-existing health issues that just don't lend themselves to such drastic dietary changes.

Good-luck with your health in 2020!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I don't watch Dr. OZ but he has some good advise from time to time. 

I am still doing the IF but a dirty fast with cream in my coffee.  Not seeing the scale drop much but I clothes are getting looser. 

Respected Contributor

I drink my Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen Peptides supplement (8 Oz.) as soon as I get up. Then my cup of coffee. Eat breakfast at 10:00 a.m. I eat every 2 hours. Stop eating at 6:00 p.m. I have NutriSystem on auto delivery. It works for me. I have lost 40 lbs. No weight gain during the holidays. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. My mid morning snack is usually a Andrew Lessman Secure Protein Shake with my NutriSystem snack. I’m never hungry and have lots of energy. I’m 70 yrs old.
Honored Contributor

@CaChica wrote:

I've been following a couple facebook groups and the ladies who have lost have glowing skin along with smaller waistlines. They post a lot of pictures of their progress.  I'm gradually getting in to it and stop eating a 6 p.m. and fast till 10 a.m. 18:6

@CaChica, Some of the before/after pics are amazing, aren't they?  What gets me is that the their eyes will look bigger.  I have restricted the hours I eat for a year now and appreciate not constantly thinking about the next meal.  My hunger and cravings have decreased significantly.  I'm not sure I'm glowing though🙂