Honored Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

I began using Clinique products way back when I was in my twenties and started my first job. I still use and love Clinique. And even if I do say so myself, my 65 year old skin looks pretty darn good (my derm agrees)! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

Do you use a Vitamin C serum?  That has certainly given me a healthy-looking brightness and glow since I started using it over 20 years ago.  But, we're all different and what works for my complexion may not work for yours.  I encourage a healthy diet, exercise, and just keeping your whole body happy.  If you're healthy on the inside, it shows on the outside.

Agree with @Texasmouse on CeraVe moisturizer.  Our skin needs ceramides.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Veridoc.......where do you purchase Bio Oil?  Thanks

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I am 64 with very nice skin due to my family genes mostly.  I use many different products but love PT Roth. I use the pads and the serum retinol and his face creams. I also use the clarisonic mia too and that is fabulous for me. I'm not trying to rid my 64 year old face of lines or wrinkles or sags; if I had a extra ton  of cash, I might go that route, but I'll settle for nice, clear, soft, moisturized skin. I cleanse every day/night and make sure to remove any make up, when I wear it. 

Honored Contributor

I swear by Philosophy's Miracle Worker, whenever I leave that out of my routine and sub something else I pay for it.  Other products I use are Dr. Denese's peptide product and Ole Henrikson's Truth Serum.  

Valued Contributor

So many great suggestions! I used Clinique many years ago. I wonder which products in that line would be good for mature skin. I have to say my skin always loved the yellow moisturizer, DDML I think it's called. Using Perricone  is putting so many chemicals on my skin. Always think about that.

Someone asked where to get Bio-oil, costco has it I believe.

Respected Contributor

I have never found one skincare line that meets all my needs, so what works best for me is searching by categories, That is how I found the various products I use now.

The brands are: Biologique Recherche, Isomers, an unknown brand sold on Amazon,  and a product I make myself (DIY).  I settled on these after lots and lots of research and trial and error.

The lines you read about or see on shopping channels are a mere drop in the bucket of the beauty world. There are many other good skincare products on the market that most people never heard of.

I also never consider any product a “holy grail” because they are often discontinued or reformulated in a way that I can no longer use them. So I continually search and read reviews for possible replacements - just in case.

Respected Contributor

Aloe Gel.  Inexpensive and just as effective as the expensive lines.

Respected Contributor

This post is actually very funny.  So many different products and opinions.  It boils down to just getting that moisture on your face.  I even got away from all those nighttime products, and realized it made no difference for me.  It's all about what I apply ahead of my makeup for the day.  I use dr denese, by the way, which I like very much.  Good luck to everyone in finding what works for you.  We sure keep a lot of cosmetic companies in business.  LOL

Valued Contributor

ID2 which products do you use and is your skin dry? Clinique products.

MomCat, so very true.