Respected Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

The more simple and basic products work better for me than any high-end brand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Trinity11 what is Metrocream?

@Texasmouse It is an antibiotic cream used for rosacea. I have some mild redness from rosacea and used it in my 30's. It seems I need it again in my 60's.

Honored Contributor

Having gone through the horrific process of treating precancerous actinic keratoses (caused by the sun), I urge everyone to believe the mainstream dermatologists: A tanning of the sun equates to damage that can cause premature aging but, more important, skin cancer.

Do you need sunscreen for the couple minutes it takes get your mail out of your residential mailbox? Probably not.

But for any exposure more than a few minutes, BE PROTECTED.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Having gone through the horrific process of treating precancerous actinic keratoses (caused by the sun), I urge everyone to believe the mainstream dermatologists: A tanning of the sun equates to damage that can cause premature aging but, more important, skin cancer.

Do you need sunscreen for the couple minutes it takes get your mail out of your residential mailbox? Probably not.

But for any exposure more than a few minutes, BE PROTECTED.

Living in the 'highest' state in the lower 48, I am so not going without my sunscreen. At our elevation, there is about 25% more UV radiation here than what is found at sea level and it gets worse at even higher elevations...like on top of mountains here. Death rays from the sun.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maryfitz24 wrote:

Hi skittle. 

I too use JM products. I haven’t tried the reserve or sleeping nectar. Do you think they are worth it?  You see a change n your skin?  They are a little more expensive so would love feedback on these. 

I use milk, face butter, Argan oil, spf untinted and body butter. The face butter is the only one that I feel mixed. I love the others. I also use her vibrancy foundation. 

Thank you 

Hi,   keep an eye out for the Reserve Duo, it may pop up in January, either here, or Josie's site.  Keep checking, sign up as a member on Josie's site, better yet, keep checking her site daily, every now and then they offer promo % off your first purchase WHEN YOU SIGN UP.

My skin has always been pretty good. I'm 61, a few years ago my skin seemed -heck, no "seemed or appeared to be" it was ( still is, but better) sagging along jaw line, under eye area and under brows. 

I've used Perricone, at least 10 yrs, still do.  it's helped my skin continue to look good, it's not a miracle product, nor did I expect it, or anything to be. But, I am aging, and I'm thankful to be....

I've used Josie as long as she's been at stores and QVC, mainly her body line, and always had her regular oil, used on my cheeks.

This summer, I jumped full into her skincare line. and love it!

I use both Perricone and Josie, as mentioned in my previous post. Always use Josie every day.

I tried the Face Butter, really nice product.  I was like you, mixed reviews. I loved the scent, felt it was nice in texture, etc., but felt Nectar was superior for me, and it has been. So I'm not going back to FB, but see it can be great for someone else.

The Nectar & Reserve: I use during  day & night. Hydration, plumping, under eye, under brow, jowls, nose to mouth, above lip, pores, dryness, all look better. 

Recently started using MILK, which had been setting on my counter for months, all I can say is, I wished I had begun it sooner, as it, in addition to Perricone, Reserve & Nectar, - Milk fits in perfectly.

I don't use the regular oil on my face any longer, since having Reserve. You do not need a lot of Reserve. I never go by "dropper" fulls, really only use a few drops. I lightly rub and pat. 

I bought the duo. Joise said they will last a year. I believe it. I'm still on my 1st bottle since opening in Sept, and have at least 1/2 left.

I would still buy it if it was only availble as 1 bottle for the same price as 2, because $78 every 6 months, is still a deal for me, and easy pay,  better still.

Josie said, if you can, when you get Reserve, use only that for 1 month, morning and night, nothing else.  I didn't do that, but I use it am & pm, sometimes I don't put anything else on, so many days I have done what she suggested.

If you can, buy it on easy pay, try for 1 month,, see what you think.

I've also begun using the regular Divine Drip and love, love this product. I use it as a body and facial cream too. I don't really use the body butter any longer. This is more hydrating for my needs and love the scent, peach & cranberry.

****oh,  a few months ago I was returning an item and worried it was a few days past the 30 day return policy. I called CS, they said don't worry because many brands have a very extended policy past 30 days.  you should have a much longer return period.  

Sorry you had to read a novel, I write the way I talk---A LOT!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Contributor

Wow thank you for that detail skittle.

i really like the JM line. I’ve strayed but seem to return to JM. So many things bother my skin but her products do not. 

I’ll keep checking the websites (I mostly purchase from JM directly). I truly appreciate the feedback. Have a blessed new year!

thank you again. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Ladies no creme potion lotion or serum is worth over $40 an ounce in my opinion.  I recommend Oil of Olay as a moisturizer. I do not believe in SPF's so I purchase the one without it.  I also incorporate Argan Oil from Trader Joes (much more reasonably priced than the one Josie is hawking). I also used to recommend Hyrdon Skin Care but the line has been phased out.

Sunscreen is the most important thing for your skin.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Contributor

I use retin A, have for years. I'm 57 years old, but I've been told by many that I don't look my age. I also use Josie Maran's Argan Milk and Argan Oil at night, as part of my night-time routine. I wash with purity and use my clairisonic on my face, and I also drink water all day. I think that helps, also.

Trusted Contributor

@maryfitz24 

@maryfitz24 wrote:

Wow thank you for that detail skittle.

i really like the JM line. I’ve strayed but seem to return to JM. So many things bother my skin but her products do not. 

I’ll keep checking the websites (I mostly purchase from JM directly). I truly appreciate the feedback. Have a blessed new year!

thank you again. 

Hi, I hope you saw my post today; Reserve Duo is now available here, for $85 and easy pay!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I use mostly Perricone and my skin is firmer but I don't think my skin looks as healthy as I  would like. . I may be asking too  much but   I would love healthy looking skin with good color and some lifting ang firming.

You didn't tell us which products you use. Which brand you use matters less than which products and ingredients you are using. My skin looks healthiest when it's exfoliated and hydrated. I look for products that contain BHAs (like salicylic acid), AHAs (glycolic or lactic acids), hyaluronic acid, retinol, collagen, ceramindes, squalane, etc.