Honored Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

Honestly I believe healthy skin boils down to these things...

GENES

BONE STRUCTURE

SUN PROTECTION( sun damage....)

WHAT YOU EAT

I do not think topical creams and such really do much of anything except make you feel better thinking you are doing something.

PS...  of course I fall for " the miracle cream" like everyone else Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

I've decided to go back to Previse, it's vegan, (like I am) and no chemicals.

Occasional Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@SXMGirl I was using Algenist which I liked, but then decided to try Elemis which I think I like better.  I will stick with Elemis for a few more weeks and then also use the 
Algenist since I have a supply to use and I cannot return it.  Both are good lines.  (senior citizen in age)

I agree with Daysdee.....I have been using Algenist and Elemis.  I believe both to be good lines of skincare.  However, the Elemis is performing better for me.  I have some Algenist I can return and will.  For now, Elemis is my skincare choice.  I am also a senior citizen in age.

Honored Contributor

P.S.  Look into No 7 products which are made in France but sold in the drugstore and Target, possibly Walmart.  Their foundations are wonderful and tinted moisturizer.  The day time moisturizer is very, very nice.  These are products that get the job done at a reasonable price.  I am sure not everything is great but the majority is IMO.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Hi skittle. 

I too use JM products. I haven’t tried the reserve or sleeping nectar. Do you think they are worth it?  You see a change n your skin?  They are a little more expensive so would love feedback on these. 

I use milk, face butter, Argan oil, spf untinted and body butter. The face butter is the only one that I feel mixed. I love the others. I also use her vibrancy foundation. 

Thank you 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine wrote:

I use mostly Perricone and my skin is firmer but I don't think my skin looks as healthy as I  would like. . I may be asking too  much but   I would love healthy looking skin with good color and some lifting ang firming.

I am 69 and have been blessed  good skin. However, I won't deny that I am aging. I switch up my products but am faithful to Retin A, sunscreen and Vitamin C. These 3 products along with good genes, working out and a proper diet, have helped me to maintain good skin. BTW I will never claim that I look 40 either. Lol!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Honestly I believe healthy skin boils down to these things...

GENES

BONE STRUCTURE

SUN PROTECTION( sun damage....)

WHAT YOU EAT

I do not think topical creams and such really do much of anything except make you feel better thinking you are doing something.

PS...  of course I fall for " the miracle cream" like everyone else Smiley Happy  

@SeaMaiden...I completely agree with you. I also think playing catch up when you are over 60 is not going to give you the complexion you would have if you had stayed out of the sun.

I just had a visit with my derm and he said that over the counter products can be hazardous if I diagnose my skin myself. I was getting hives which I thought were acne and developed a rash. He switched me to 5 days of hydrocortisone and Metrocream and my skin is clear and decent for a woman 65. I don't look 40 and haven't in years. LOL

Valued Contributor

Trinity after your five days of the two products the derm had you use. What are you using?

Contributor

I'm really liking TATCHA.  The camillia oil cleanser (I was formerly a philosophy PURITY user) and the polished rice enzyme powder (gentle exfoliator) are must-haves for me.  But the product I would not be without is the radient deep brightening serum.  It has made my 70 year old skin "make-up optional" for the first time since I was in my teens.  I'm happy!

Respected Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

Trinity after your five days of the two products the derm had you use. What are you using?

@Trinity11