Honored Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

I have 76 year old skin and it looks really good ... but I started taking precautions when I was about 40.  It's easier to prevent issues, than to try to fix them later.  My skin is still firm.

I've exfoliated daily since then, followed by some sort of moisturizer or cream.  I've used Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream for years and years.  Before that - it was something from Ponds.

You should probably see a dermatologist.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

I am in love with the Dr Denese skincare products. My skin is firm, less wrinkles and lines and looks better than it ever did. I have very sensitive skin with a tone issues and allergies. Her products work for me. I never would have believed that my skin could look this good---EVER!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@rosi red wrote:

Go to YvesRocher.com. They have wonderful skincare and free gifts. I've used them for years and I am 74.

They have skincare for all skin types.

@rosi red- wow, I had no idea that YvesRocher is still around! I used to use their perfume and some other of their products so many many years ago. I remember that Jane Rudolph Treacy was their main host. I think she had a weekly show of their products. Some of their fragrances smelled so wonderful.  They advertised in magazines as well as QVC. They used to give a zillion free samples, and their prices were cheap!

I'm very happy you've found success with their products to this day!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

I use a mild face soap and Cerave Cream (original in the tub).  I threw away ALL OF my high end magic potions and am so happy with the new freedom of 1 product.  I also will use Maracuja or Argon Oil from Walkers Natural on occasion.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl I was using Algenist which I liked, but then decided to try Elemis which I think I like better.  I will stick with Elemis for a few more weeks and then also use the 
Algenist since I have a supply to use and I cannot return it.  Both are good lines.  (senior citizen in age)

Valued Contributor

I have used Clinique for over 40 years. I’m 64 years young and I’ve been told I look like I’m in my 50’s. Yea yea I know they animal test, but I will not give up my skin care. So bash all you want! Love Clinique!!

Contributor

I only use Elizabeth Grant which is the best skincare line I have ever used.  I have been told that I have beautiful skin and I am 72 years old.  I am 23% Italian and 53% Scandinavian.  My mother, grandmother and my great grandmother had beautiful skin.  My mother used Oil of Olay and my grandmother used Ponds Cold cream. 

I avoid the sun and do not eat fast food and eat little or no sugar in my diet. 

Valued Contributor

I bounce around a lot.  Right now I am using Josie Maran's face butter (daytime) and her milk serum.  I am still using a jar of Tacha night cream at night.  But when that is gone, I have a jar of Clinique Moisture Surge.   I think its good to provide a variety of ingredients to your skin, which in my experience, becomes resistent over time.

Valued Contributor

Which clinique products do you use mare54?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I'm 61, use cruelty free lines. I've used Perricone at least 10 years, love it. I added Josie this summer, love it!

My skin looks pretty good, and I'm sue Perricone has helped the past 10 years. Josie's line, I feel, has bumped up the results. I still having aging skin, but I have seen targeted and overall holding of plumpness, firmness, and tone. I'm still aging, thank goodness, see wrinkles, this and that, unless I decide to have medical intervention, which I may do, I'll still use these skincare lines as I feel they help me the most.

Always use sunscreen if nothing else.

Perricone:

Neuropeptide day cream

Cold Plama+

DMAE pads

Essential Line

Josie:

Reserve Argan Oil

Sleeping Nectar

Divine Drip

Milk

I mix the 2 lines, most days I use Reserve Oil, Milk, Divine Drip,   and a Perricone product or two, some days I use just a couple of items. I'm not a scheduled, must use every item I have, person. But I do use at least a few on face, neck, body- 

Divine drip is good for face, neck and body,  as is her regular argan oil ( can also use on hair)  you receive a greater volume ounces than reserve oil.  I use Milk and Reserve for face, and in left over on my necks and hands.

Perricone I use for face and neck. the pads use left over anywhere on body. If you buy Perricone try on easy pay. If they still have the Neuropeptide duo, thats a good deal, however, many of the kits contain Neuropeptide cream- in the white tube. The Essential kit, with eye, deep cream, and serum is very good, but it's usually sold out and on wait list. That's kind of an all in one kit for aging skin. I'd try to get that and the Neuropeptide cream which helps firm and lift while it's on your skin.

good luck!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE