Honored Contributor

My brother is still hanging on to life.  He' not trying.  He's ready to go.  He's just trying to stay as pain free as possible but that's not going well Smiley Sad  I watched an interesting YT (or Tiktok) video from a Hospice nurse explaining why they don't put an IV in a person in their last days/hours.  She said it seems so cruel to loved ones but there is a valid reason for it.  He has finally moved up to my parent's house.  Bless his heart.  Thru this whole thing I can't "see" my brother as a grown 62 year old man.  Just my little brother.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have a Good Friday Everyone

@monicakm  I hope your little brother will be at peace soon.  Prayers and blessings to him, you, and your family.

~LdyBugz

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for his struggle. My heart goes out to you and your family. 

Honored Contributor

It is very hard on them,and hard for family to watch ,went through this with my dear hubby, he weighed next to nothing , from not eating, he was only 63.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm So sorry you're going thru this.  It's very difficult, I know.  Prayers to you and your brother.  

Occasional Contributor

My hubby left in Feb. of this year.  He was 74, He stopped eating,also.

Severe dementia. Nursing hm the last two years was a blessing  

for him and me,

May all of you who are going through this be comforted by your family and friends.

During the darkest days and hours remember God is our co-pilot.

You are not alone, 

Respected Contributor

So sorry, @monicakm, tough, sad times...as tough as it gets. Prayers to you, your family, and your dear brother. 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

My thoughts are with you during this challenging time for your family. I found losing a sibling to be quite difficult. I remember my brother when he was about 11 years old posing in his baseball uniform, with a big ol' smile on his face. He was my best friend and was why I was such a tomboy growing up. (Kind of still am).

Many years ago I began buying wind chimes as a way to remember loved ones who have passed. I look for chimes that are not overly loud, but gently "tinkle" w/ the wind. I keep the one for my brother and my father right outside my kitchen window so I can hear it all year long. It brings a smile listening to the soft sounds.

I recently purchased the chime below from Amazon to remember a good friend. It really  has a lovely sound. Today (Friday) I notice it's on deal. I did get the red copper one, but it does come in other colors. 

wind chime.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Sending you many prayers and virtual hugs.

It's lovely that you remember him as a child, your little brother. And that, he will always be.

How fortunate he is with his family who clearly love him. May his passing be as peaceful as possible. May God grant you and your parents the strength and courage you will need in the coming days. While you will suffer a great loss may you find some consolation in that your brother will be pain free and in his home in heaven.

Bless you all.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@monicakm 

My thoughts are with you during this challenging time for your family. I found losing a sibling to be quite difficult. I remember my brother when he was about 11 years old posing in his baseball uniform, with a big ol' smile on his face. He was my best friend and was why I was such a tomboy growing up. (Kind of still am).

Many years ago I began buying wind chimes as a way to remember loved ones who have passed. I look for chimes that are not overly loud, but gently "tinkle" w/ the wind. I keep the one for my brother and my father right outside my kitchen window so I can hear it all year long. It brings a smile listening to the soft sounds.

I recently purchased the chime below from Amazon to remember a good friend. It really  has a lovely sound. Today (Friday) I notice it's on deal. I did get the red copper one, but it does come in other colors. 

wind chime.PNG

kate2357, I love your windchime idea! What a lovely way to remember those who mean the most to you. I pray though you have no need to add more. It sounds as though what you have is magically musical.