Honored Contributor

I need to make my coffee and go get ready to head back over to mom's and then a WM run.  And yes, it IS a relief knowing mom and dad are safe and secure in their new surroundings.  I guarantee dad has already found another vet to exchange stories with.  I just hope they don't mind hearing the same story 38 times a day LOL

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   I hear you with the vet stories. My dad is WWII and Korea.  Spent 12 years in the Navy.  We have heard those stories hundreds of times, each time more embellished lol but We are so proud and grateful to have him and hear them and I'm positive your dad's new buds will too!

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

We have heard those stories hundreds of times, each time more embellished

LOL, isn't that the truth.  You'd think dad won the Vietnam war all by himself...if there was a victory.  

The story we've heard 1000s of times (and it too has blossomed/embellished) is of an oriental flight attendant that came up to the cockpit (dad was a commercial pilot after getting out of the Army).  She opened the cockpit door and said "Life hard".  That scene has taken on a life of it's own over the years since dementia.