Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

I'm retired, but like others I'm not going out much these days except to Walgreen's or an occasional run to the grocery store. I don't have a big makeup routine, but I moisturize my face and do a few of the basics with make-up every day - light foundation, blush, a little taupe shadow, and mascara. I like 'me' with a little makeup rather than none! I don't wash my hair everyday (that hasn't changed since retirement)...I rely on my Calista Perfector for a little body and curl in between washings.

Respected Contributor

My work is temporarily stopped due to this crazy virus and I  am taking a break with my make up, let my skin breath . I am doing my copper masks and other goodies to my face. No hair or manicure for me either... My salon is closed, I miss my manicure the most.

Oh well, it all will be back soon. As long as we all well..

Respected Contributor

I feel important to wear foundation daily with an SPF. It can't hurt to protect. Not all my day creams have an SPF or are very low in percent. Sometimes I have used a lighter tint like JM or Dr. D Day Cream if not going out of the house. I do brows and have eliminated eye shadow  just brows and mascara. A little blush and if out of the house lipstick or gloss. I use a lip balm constantly.

I pretty much have wash and go hair. I am letting my nails rest with a clear strengthing coat,Perfect Formula and bare toenails.

Trusted Contributor

Yes,stopped it feels fine.With the situation the way it is why bother.I do get dressed,cause I try to go out for my walk.It is what it is!

Regular Contributor

It also helps me to remember what day of the week it is!  That's a struggle right now.

Honored Contributor

I live alone and still put make-up on daily.  I'm also quite ill (not the virus), but my home  has mirrors so some make up makes me look and thus "feel" better.

Valued Contributor

Daysdee - So sorry you are ill. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Honored Contributor

I was very sick for a couple of weeks so it was no makeup for me.  I did not scare my cat so I guess I looked okay.  I do like to smell good so showering and wearing fragrance.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

" I don't get why anyone wants to quit taking care of themselves daily just because not going anywhere!"

I don't call wearing make up and doing hair taking care of myself. Being clean is taking care of myself. Giving my hair a break from spray and hair dryer is taking care of it. 

Valued Contributor

That's exactly what I'm doing.....no heat or product on my hair!  I had just done my hair coloring and haircut before this all started so I'm good.