Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

[ Edited ]

My hair is remaining braided and it's covered under a scarf when I go out. However, I am doing my regular routine of twice weekly shampoo and deep conditioning. As for skincare and makeup, I'm doing the same as usual.  Maybe a bit less makeup, but definitely not skipping it.  I'm even wearing my best loungewear during this time because I want to look nice for me.  

Honored Contributor

Well I have started working from home, but still get up each morning and shower and get dressed and do my hair. I do not wear makeup, and it feels nice to give my skin a bit of a breather, but I generally don't wear makeup on the weekends either.....I still need to feel like I am going to work in a way........

Honored Contributor

I never wear makeup when I am home.  I usually wear my hair up in a clip when I am home so it is out of my way when I am doing stuff.  Not wearing makeup has nothing to do with the virus.  When I do have to go to the store, I wear some and fix my hair.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

I started working from home this week.  In my job at a financial institution, I try to look nice and pulled together wearing good pants and a nice, colorful blouse.  Although I'm not dressing up at home, I am still trying to maintain a professional feeling by putting on makeup and making sure that my hair looks good.  I'm trying to stay in the same headspace that I'd be if I was at the office.

Respected Contributor

I still wear makeup and style my hair.....I want to look good for my husband and myself.

Honored Contributor

No because I am still working everyday.

Honored Contributor

No I haven't.  I still wake up and wash my hair, put make up and get dressed.  I feel good when  I do that and my DH likes it too.  

Honored Contributor

Just doing my usual routine, no need to get "dolled up" when I'm staying home. Being retired is different than working, then I would of course do more.

Trusted Contributor

No. Why would I?

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Nothing as changed since still in my office daily.  May go home a couple hours early each day but routine continues on.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."