Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Since retiring in 2013, I never wear makeup of any kind, unless am I going shopping...

. I also do not get "dressed"..... unless going to run an errand....Pretty much wear the comfortable clothes at home....

nothing that way has changed with this virus...I do not get nails done or go to hairdressers....do my own hair and nails.  Always have.  Even cut my own hair. 

why would clog my pores with makeup if I am just home all day?  Or get dressed up? I am not a fussy person or a needy person. Thank goodness!

I always look nice....just not  over the top with jewelry on.

I can only say I do pretty much the same as @SeaMaiden 

Are you my spirit animal?  

@GingerPeach   Not long ago, I posted that I upped my at home attire. I was starting to feel sloppy and falling into the pattern of old tees and sweatshirts. I changed up to jeans, nicer tops...just for me. It made a difference how I feel and if I decide to go out and run a few errands, I'm ready to go. 

Valued Contributor

I'm about to embark on the @Sooner  challenge. 

I'm off to shower, and then I'm going to pull out that random makeup that came with either gifts with purchase, or eye shadow colors in palettes I would not normally use, etc.....and try them!

This is the only day this week I won't have to log in and at least do some online work, so I'm going to experiment a little bit. 

(not with clothing today though! Have to take out garbage today! Smiley Very Happy)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

since the virus started?  I have pretty much stopped - I am still doing my mani and pedi though.

One day I went with no make-up.  It depressed me every time I looked in the mirror.  I must do my brows, (I have none) and a bit of eyeliner and mascara to keep from looking like a light bulb.

I've been changing my nail polish every few days only because I have tons of colors I've never tried.

I wash and do my hair every other day. My hair is growing out and this past week my stylist gave me a new hairdo, I can actually wear in public. (I've been wigging it for the last 9 months or so)

Esteemed Contributor

Since I'm retired and home half the time anyway, my daily routine hasn't changed one bit.  I continue to shower, wash my hair, shave, etc., every day.  Basic body maintenance.  I do my own mani-pedis anyway.  The only time I wear makeup is when I go out among people (don't want to scare anybody!).  I'm not out and about these days, so no makeup.  

I am concerned about my hair... I keep it short and fluff-and-go, but that requires a trim every 4 weeks.  Without regular haircuts, what will my hair look like in a couple months?  Eek!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

You're making an assumption I did those things😁. Actually I have done a root touch up (trimmed my split ends too) and use my Clinique day and night creams. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Since retiring in 2013, I never wear makeup of any kind, unless am I going shopping...

. I also do not get "dressed"..... unless going to run an errand....Pretty much wear the comfortable clothes at home....

nothing that way has changed with this virus...I do not get nails done or go to hairdressers....do my own hair and nails.  Always have.  Even cut my own hair. 

why would clog my pores with makeup if I am just home all day?  Or get dressed up? I am not a fussy person or a needy person. Thank goodness!

@GingerPeach   Not long ago, I posted that I upped my at home attire. I was starting to feel sloppy and falling into the pattern of old tees and sweatshirts. I changed up to jeans, nicer tops...just for me. It made a difference how I feel and if I decide to go out and run a few errands, I'm ready to go. 

I'm not sure of your point, @Shanus 

I do hope you're not assuming I just run around in sweatshirts and greasy hair?  I hope I'm wrong but that is the sense I am getting.

Frankly, some of the posts stating that those of us who don't choose to wear makeup on a daily basis are basically failing ourselves are completely wrong.

We are comfortable with how we look to ourselves.  It has zero to do with our ability to make changes if we so choose, and whether we then choose to wear makeup or different clothing at other times.

We are not stuck in a black and white situation.  We can pivot on a dime; we can assess situations; we can make our own choices; and moreover, we can feel good about all the varied choices we make and the different options we have.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I'm not sure of your point, @Shanus 

I do hope you're not assuming I just run around in sweatshirts and greasy hair?  I hope I'm wrong but that is the sense I am getting.

Frankly, some of the posts stating that those of us who don't choose to wear makeup on a daily basis are basically failing ourselves are completely wrong.

We are comfortable with how we look to ourselves.  It has zero to do with our ability to make changes if we so choose, and whether we then choose to wear makeup or different clothing at other times.

We are not stuck in a black and white situation.  We can pivot on a dime; we can assess situations; we can make our own choices; and moreover, we can feel good about all the varied choices we make and the different options we have.

@GingerPeach   Certainly not speaking for anyone except myself...think I mentioned that it made ME feel better and less sloppy. I shower every day and no greasy hair here either. Anyone is free to do as they please from day to day. 

Honored Contributor

I never wore makeup around the house before the crisis. I only wear it if I am going out. So nothing’s changed there. I shower, wash & blow dry my hair, but no flat iron. I am still using my skin care regularly. My around the house outfits are tees, jeans or sweats, and hoodies or fleece jackets right now. Nothing “ratty” looking. 

Respected Contributor

I am still wearing makeup and doing my hair just because I love doing it. I have a feeling that if the closings go too long for salons, I will be not giving a rat's arse about my hair by then.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@SugarPuff wrote:

No, I am still showering, putting on makeup and doing my hair every day.  Why would anyone stop? 

I'm with you on this one.  I do it for me and not to impress anyone when I go somewhwere!  I don't get why anyone wants to quit taking care of themselves daily just because not going anywhere!  I want to look and feel my best always.  

@Pook   I don't feel less than my best without makeup.

On the weekend, I'll skip makeup.  However, I like me better with makeup than without makeup.  So I feel better with makeup.  Heck - I enjoy wearing makeup!