Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@SugarPuff wrote:

No, I am still showering, putting on makeup and doing my hair every day.  Why would anyone stop? 

I'm with you on this one.  I do it for me and not to impress anyone when I go somewhwere!  I don't get why anyone wants to quit taking care of themselves daily just because not going anywhere!  I want to look and feel my best always.  

@Pook   I don't feel less than my best without makeup.

@Shanus You missed my point which was that most who say they don't do makeup and hair daily but only do it to go somewhere which is saying that they care what they look like only when  around others and don't do it for themselves.  That is what I don't get!  

Honored Contributor

Heavens no...I don't want to look at myself with out my hair and make up done...I shower, put on my face and do my hair everyday...even on days off.

I might not wear both eye liner and mascara but at least one or the other.

Honored Contributor

Occasionally I don't do anything, but I feel worse if I don't fix my hair and put on a little makeup.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Since retiring in 2013, I never wear makeup of any kind, unless am I going shopping...

. I also do not get "dressed"..... unless going to run an errand....Pretty much wear the comfortable clothes at home....

nothing that way has changed with this virus...I do not get nails done or go to hairdressers....do my own hair and nails.  Always have.  Even cut my own hair. 

why would clog my pores with makeup if I am just home all day?  Or get dressed up? I am not a fussy person or a needy person. Thank goodness!

I always look nice....just not  over the top with jewelry on.

I can only say I do pretty much the same as @SeaMaiden 

Are you my spirit animal?  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

As a makeup lover with way too many eye shadows, I'm using this time at home to experiment.  I can try a bunch of colors and looks that I wouldn't want to try on a day that I'm going into the office.  It's fun to try something different.  I'm doing everything else the same except heat styling my hair.  Normally I use either a curling wand or flat iron on my day 2 hair, but I'm giving that a break for now.  

Normally the only time I don't wear makeup is if I'm sick, so I don't want to stop wearing it now.  It's hard enough being stuck at home day after day, I'm afraid if I stop wearing makeup or doing my nails I'll really get into a funk.  Just because I'm home it doesn't mean I don't want to look my best.  I envy people who look great without makeup, but I'm not one of them!

Contributor

I've been doing some side-by-side testing. Primer vs. primer. Mascara vs. Mascara. Maybe I'll use up some of those samples I seem to collect.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

when I go out I wear makeup Smiley Happy when im home and havent gone out and know that im not going to, i dont.

i am making sure that i am  keeping up with skin care .   once a week not using any skin products at all. 

I do keep my hair clean and styled most days.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I shower and wash my hair everyday but just let it dry naturally and no product in it.  I only wore makeup when I went out so not at all now.  It would not make me feel better to put makeup on or blow dry my hair.  Just work that no one but my husband would see.  

Esteemed Contributor

Why would you stop? I fuss less these days, but not because of present conditions. A simple coiffure and a bit of face definition, to me, just looks prettier.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@SugarPuff wrote:

No, I am still showering, putting on makeup and doing my hair every day.  Why would anyone stop? 

I'm with you on this one.  I do it for me and not to impress anyone when I go somewhwere!  I don't get why anyone wants to quit taking care of themselves daily just because not going anywhere!  I want to look and feel my best always.  

@Pook   I don't feel less than my best without makeup.

@Shanus You missed my point which was that most who say they don't do makeup and hair daily but only do it to go somewhere which is saying that they care what they look like only when  around others and don't do it for themselves.  That is what I don't get!  

@Pook   I don't think it's true that they don't care what they look like. When I'm home, I love giving my face a breather even from my minimal 5 minute face. I care about what I look like enough to maintain a good skincare routine twice a day w/ added peels. I've done this + no sun exposure for many years. Except for being quite fair and needing some color, at 71 I'm more than comfortable without makeup. In a push, lipstick on my cheeks, gloss on lips and I'm out the door...eyes & tinted moisturizer are when I have the 5 minutes. Giving up is when women stop the skincare that changes everything!!!