Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Using Wen?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@World Traveler  Thanks for your suggestions. I've thought of some of them, but will try your others. Only have a little bit left. 

@Shanus Let me know if you come up with other ideas. I would love to try them! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have not been using WEN near as long as many. I started in June, so nearing 7 months. 

But in that time, I have seen many positive changes in my hair. July was the last time I got a hair cut, so almost 6 months ago. I use a hair dryer 5-6 days/wk and I have no split ends.  I also have healthy moisturized hair despite coloring my roots every 4 wks. I say color my roots bc I no longer have to pull color through bc since using WEN my color stays. 

So, I use a hair dryer on it, color it every 4 wks, cleanse it daily (my choice, though I don't have to) and on top of that deal with brutally cold WI. temps. Thats a lot for hair to take and my hair is in the best shape its ever been. I also for the 1st time never have staticy hair - thats never happened. This is all bc WEN keeps my hair healthy, protected (I use and love WEN styling products too) and moisturized. 

When I do round brush blow outs its shiny and full of body. When I diffuse it (its naturally wavy/curvy) it still has nice body with frizz free defined waves/curls. With other products (and I only ever used high end) I could never totally tame the frizz. I never have tangles, even when rough drying my hair.  

I can't speak highly enough of WEN and what its done to improve my hair - and thats only after 7 months. I can only believe it will continue to get better and better. I get endless compliments too. 

In saying all the above, I will admit, I heard the "warnings" that are out there about WEN. It even put me off trying it for awhile. But then I realized that what works for one, doesn't always work for another. I also know, theres tons of jealousy out there and WEN is as successful as it is bc it works for tons of people - and threatens other companies who will do whatever it takes to bring another down. I don't doubt it may not be right for some. Good example : my sister used a very well known hair spray that she realized made her hair fall out in clumps. She stopped using it and her hair fallout stopped. She didn't sue, she just used commom sense and changed the hairspray she was using.  She figured some ingredient didn't agree with her scalp to cause this reaction and stopped. She never had any problems like this before or after. She just used common sense. Both my mother and I had used that same hairspray quite a bit and never had the issue my sister had.

The sbove example is why I gave WEN a try - bc what works for one may not work for another. I was curious to see if WEN could deliver the promise of healthy hair when all the others have failed. It most definitely has!! Thank you WEN, thank you, Chaz. Despite the hate thats been created to take down Chaz and his superior products, he's not going away. Way too many love it and people know the competition will sink to new lows to bring down those much more successful than them. Jealousy is an ugly thing! 

Regular Contributor

About a year or so after Wen first appeared on QVC, I decided to give it a try.  I used it for several months but had to stop because it sent my scalp psoriasis into overdrive. 

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair

That's a drag! Maybe it was all the fragrant oils that exacerbated your condition? If you're still interested maybe you can try the unscented version? But that's only assuming that you liked what it did for your hair, I know it's pricey.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

For the record, the line is more than just hair cleansor.  Wen Tea Tree Eucalyptus Treatment Oil is the best.  I use it all over, and it especially works great to keep my brows full.

@MarkeieMark...great idea! I recently started going to a new aesthetician and She got a little carried away with my brows. I'm hittin' the Tea Tree oil right now!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

My butician advised me to stop using Wen.  She's very good, so I'm following her advise.  

A class action suit.  I think I need go no further.  

Good luck to everyone!!!!!  Love my sisters!

No.  I love my hair with WEN. 

Valued Contributor

Nope in fact my addiction to it has gotten worse. My hairdresser is in awe of my new WEN everytime I go in she says my hair keeps getting better and better. The spa where I get my hair cut even took pictures of my hair and used them on their social media for advertisement. That is what WEN has done for my hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe Love your new icon/avatar! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

To be honest, for the past year I have not felt inclined to replenish WEN items as they are used up. Perhaps this is simple for me because I was never using WEN exclusively.  Even at the height of my WEN enthusiasm, Aveda, Nick, and various other brands have been in my haircare arsenal.  The only WEN products I still have are 613 and Mandarin Italian Cleansing Conditioners.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

My butician advised me to stop using Wen.  She's very good, so I'm following her advise.  

A class action suit.  I think I need go no further.  

Good luck to everyone!!!!!  Love my sisters!

Interesting.

Is your beautician (hairdresser) a scientist or doctor?  Does she have information other than just the knowledge there was a class action suit?  If not and the product was working for you, why quit?

As mentioned before, the mere fact a suit was filed and a settlement was made does not indicate any wrong-doing.  Most suits are settled outside of trial.   People's woeful ignorance of our legal system and hysteria without bothering to check facts sometimes just makes me shake my head.

I've used the product for nearly 10 years with no problems.  My hairdresser asked what I was using because my hair was in such great shape. He bought some for his wife.

~Enough is enough~