Valued Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Using Wen?

IF SOMEONE TOOK MY WEN FROM ME I WOULD CALL THE FOR HELP!!!

Honored Contributor

Nope, no way!

My hair is longer, thicker, has more volume and shine than ever.

I was just at a New Years party and a woman I'd never met asked if she could touch my hair, then she called her hubby over to touch it.  A good friend in the room, a stylist, but not mine, heard the convo. turned, and said whose hair are we talking about?  Then he said, oh, Drtyhe, she does have great hair.  My stylist of > 20 years says he has never seen it so healthy and thick.

BTW - I have 2 autoimmune diseases (which cause hair thinning on their own), one started when I was 14, and I take some nasty MEDS, one a cancer drug which also causes hair loss.

I'm very grateful for Chaz & WEN.  I have plenty to cope with, and having good hair for once in my life is a real pick-me-up!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I used it for a year and was satisfied with the results until I found Carol's Daughter and Tweaked which I now rotate using with way better results for my hair.

Honored Contributor

Here we go again, somone pass the popcorn.

A class action lawsuit is not always an indicator of a poor product, just a product that may have given a small few a poor result.    Nothing is perfect.

I started using WEN this year, I had been using a different brand of cleansing conditioner.   I was on the fence with WEN but so glad I tried it.    I love it.   I have shoulder length salt & pepper hair and I no longer dye it because my hair is so healthy & pretty.   I get compliments.

As far as what my hairdresser says, I don't live my life by committee.   

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I used it for a year and was satisfied with the results until I found Carol's Daughter and Tweaked which I now rotate using with way better results for my hair.

I used Carol's Daughter before I switched to WEN.  I tried Tweak-D, it did great on my hair but I can't handle the heavy perfumed scent, gives me a headache.

I love my WEN.  It's given me back the hair I had pre-menopause.  My stylist says my hair is super healthy and she's impressed with it and the WEN results.  We talked about the lawsuit, and it's her opinion that a competitor is behind it, and honestly I think she's right.  If you can't compete with your product, then find another way to beat your competitition.

Honored Contributor

No, I have no reason to. I base my product decisions on how it works for me. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I used WEN for almost 5 yrs. As long as I tried to wear my curly hair straight, I lived w/ the extra hairs falling out in the shower & rumors because it weighed down & coated my hair which I needed to go straighter. When I decided to stop pulling my hair straight w/ brushes & flat irons and go w/ the natural curl, the WEN weighed it down. The mousse, Replenishing Mist, Volumizing Mist...none of the products I owned helped my hair to go back to my natural curl pattern. Working w/ my stylist, I stopped all WEN products and washed my hair w/ a clarifying shampoo for a week to get my scalp clean and remove the buildup of WEN products off my hair. Then I began to use a drugstore brand sulfate free, silicone free s&c. Curls again. Now that I want to keep my hair healthy and wear it with its natural texture, WEN is not a product for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd and @Shanus, and anyone else who does not like the results they got with WEN and has some left over, here are a few ideas you might consider to use up the product so you don't feel like you wasted your money:

1.  Mix a diluted amount in the last rinse when washing items. I use Lavender that way when I wash my sheets and pillowcases; and sometimes put a saturated face cloth in the dryer with the sheets. Makes for a pleasant night's sleep. Smiley Happy

2.  A diluted amount to clean makeup brushes. I have several very nice IT Cosmetic brushes, and they come out just as soft using WEN to clean them as they were when I bought them.

3.  Use when you shave your legs/underarms. 

4.  When taking a bath. This is a favorite "other" way to use WEN that I really enjoy. In a container I mix WEN cleanser, treatment or essential oil, water up to 1/3 of a liter container and shake it really well, until the mixture is creamy. Add some more water and shake again. Add the mixture under running water in the tub. I use Lavender cleanser and oil, then I soak in that for about 30 minutes. My skin really feels so, so soft. Very relaxing. Heart

I'm sure others could come up with equally useful ways to use up your unwanted WEN.

I have been using WEN for 18 months and love it. The suggestions above are how I use it when I am getting to the bottom of a bottle or bought a formula to try and didn't particularly care for the scent.

Anyway, just wanted to give you some ideas for using up your leftover WEN now that you don't use it anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

I am going on 5 years use. Between low thyroid and meno my hair had gotten so very dry. Spent so much money on shampoos and conditioners trying to find something moisturizing. Kept throwing away and trying something else, expensive to cheap. I have always had very thick, coarse hair with strong waves. Sulfate free shampoos were the worst for me. Didn't clean and my hair would feel gummy. Yuk.

Finally got a small bottle of Fig when I heard him say what kind of hair it was good for. Didn't expect much but first cleanse was wonderful. 

This summer I felt the hair in back, I have short hair, and it felt so thin. I have very little hair in the drain when I wash but wondered if I could actually be losing hair.

Asked my hairdresser if it was thinning out back there...nope, it was the way he cut it. Anyway, he laughed and said not unless you use Wen. I told him I had been for a few years. He was surprised because of all the things he had heard.

He's always laughed about how quickly my hair grows and swears it's growing while he's cutting and marvels at how thick it is.

I've spent a lot of money trying many of the brands people have mentioned here that they love, including the gentleman from Yuma. His really did not work. I liked him so that made me sad.

Anyway, sticking with Wen has helped my hair and my wallet. I can't use all his various products...just the CC and a tiny bit of styling cream, occasional remoist....which last me a really loooong time so I don't find it expensive.

I always hope people find what they love. It's such a good feeling.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Thanks for your suggestions. I've thought of some of them, but will try your others. Only have a little bit left.