Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Using Wen?

[ Edited ]

@Susan25. My story is the same as your.  I have been using WEN for 7+ years.  I have been with my hair dresser for 25+ years.  She has been with all of my hair ups and downs.  I have Lupus and hypothyroidism both of which cause hair loss as do my required medicines.  My hair is in its best shape ever.  My hair loss is not as great as before WEN.   I am careful to follow directions and always rinse both cleanes completely. It is not like a shampoo where you wash, rinse and run and end up with unruly hair and dry scalp.  

I forgot to mention I am 72.  My hair has grown past my shoulders for the first time in my life.  Do I have hair like the WEN models.  Of course not.   I do give my hair credit for people who donot believe I am old enough to retire.  I have gotten carded when I asked for the senior discount at a prime restaurant. 

I received a letter to join the suit but that is not for me.   I have a dislike for the class action suit chasing lawyers.  Look long enough and you can find people who have problems with anything.  Why should I help take away a great product from the millions who love it, including myself. 

Honored Contributor

Are you nuts?! Of course I haven't stopped using wen! My hair has never looked better since using Wen for the last 5 years! I won't delude myself to say wen is the only reason I have more hair but between the wen and no longer using a hair brush my hair is thicker and fuller and I'm frequently getting compliments.. give it up? No way Jose!

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's necessary to insult the OP just for asking a question.  

I gave up on WEN.  I used it exclusively for 4 yrs. and never got anything close to great second day hair.  I'd always have to use a dry shampoo if I didn't want to cleanse again.  After awhile, longer than I should have waitied, I could no longer justify the cost.  Yeah, I still use dry shampoo on in-between days, but I'm getting good results and paying a lot less for the assorted shampoos and conditioners I use.

Trusted Contributor

For the record, the line is more than just hair cleansor.  Wen Tea Tree Eucalyptus Treatment Oil is the best.  I use it all over, and it especially works great to keep my brows full.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Wen for at least seven or eight years. Finally, my hair has grown past my shoulders! My hair is also so much thicker and healthier than when I used shampoo.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I didn't hear anybody insult the op but for the record why would one start a wen thread, given its history, in a non wen forum?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

I didn't hear anybody insult the op but for the record why would one start a wen thread, given its history, in a non wen forum?

For the record, @Andreatoo, I took your comment, asking if they were nuts, to be insulting.  And please, there are plenty of posters who post questions in the general beauty forum even though there are some brand specific forums.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

First I think you're being overly sensitive to my choice of words and secondly you also know the history on this forum when anybody brings this subject up!  if she really wanted to know if wen users stopped using the product then she would ask in the forum where everyone uses it (or not)

Honored Contributor

Whatever, @Andreatoo

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

First I think you're being overly sensitive to my choice of words and secondly you also know the history on this forum when anybody brings this subject up!  if she really wanted to know if wen users stopped using the product then she would ask in the forum where everyone uses it (or not)

I disagree.  She should ask her question in the general beauty forum where she can get the most answers. Some will come from users, some from ex users, and others from people like me, who alternate Wen with other products.