Honored Contributor

Re: Have U ~or~ Do U ..Cut yr own hair?

No.  Never have, never will.  I leave hair color & cut to the professionals as well as nails, pedicure & waxing.  I do everything else.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I have never cut my own hair.  I have a double crown and a cowlick in the back of my head.  I would never even try.  I went to the hairdresser during covid and had to change hairdressers 2 times because of salon closings.   I have thin and fine hair.   I don't plan to ever cut my hair myself.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I started trimming and shaping my own hair two years ago when the beauty shops were all closed during the pandemic.  I have naturally curly hair.  I watched many YouTube videos to learn how to do it and I did good.  

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not!  I cut my hair once in 3rd grade and I don't think I've improved any in my hair cutting skils (or lack thereof).  I still laugh when I look at that picture.  It was my school picture and my face looks so serious.  Can't say the same for my hair.    

Respected Contributor

I cut my hair and DH's as well during COVID shutdown.  I bought a kit at Costco and watched some YouTube videos.  I was happy to give the job back to my hairdresser but can now trim if I need to myself.  In fact, I just did my bangs last week.  Necessity is the mother of invention as the saying goes!  LM

Respected Contributor

I started cutting my husbands and my hair during covid.  I still do my husbands hair.  My hair is not thin but not thick either and in a short layered cut.  Every haircut was different and some cuts were okay and others not so good.  Actually the bad ones were not as bad as some stylists have given me.  I bought a thing on amazon with different comb attachments to help get it even but my hair was not thick enough and the hair fell right through or out of the comb so that was a waste.  I would only buy such a thing if it said for thin hair.  Now I am back to a stylist.  When I cut it myself I never knew when to stop.  I would just keep going trying to get it perfect.  

Honored Contributor

Yes

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

no.gif

Honored Contributor

No way!!!  Years ago I attempted to just trim my bangs -- simple, right?  Ha -- not for me.  I got one side way shorter than the other and kept trying to get both sides the same -- it was terrible.  I am very low maintenance and do just about everything myself - but I will leave hair cutting to a salon!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I also started cutting my hair since Covid and am still doing it. I even put layers in it  by flipping my head upside down and cutting about an inch off the bottom and it works. I keep my hair shoulder length but when I started cutting it it was down the middle of my back. I will probably not go to a hairdresser  again. Most stylists are way over priced and I never get what I wanted anyway. Glad to see  others are doing the same.