Respected Contributor

Re: Have U Crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge?

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@RinaRina No big secret.

In the morning:

I cleanse with Micro Delivery Wash (Philosophy)using my Clarisonic.

Then I use Vitamin C cream with spf30 (Serious Skin Care).

I also use Repair Wear Antigravity eye cream(Clinique).

In the evening:

I cleanse with Purity Made Simple(Philosophy) using my Clarisonic.

Then I use Confidence In A Cream(It).

I then use Repair Wear Antigravity eye cream (Clinique).

I also have good genes which helps!

=========

Wow!  That Philosophy must be good.  I've only used one of their skin products on a regular basis, but I'm going try some others.

Last year while sitting in the waiting room of the Dr.'s office, another patient and I were laughing at something that was on the TV.  She said the incident reminded her of something else that happened years ago and I responded, "you can't possibly be old enuf to remember that" .... She said she was 67.  I asked her what she used on her face and she said "Philosophy".  At that point, the MA called my name, so I never found out specifically which Phil. product she used.   Her skin was flawless.

Thanks for the info, Nicksmom.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

What I find amusing is when they card you (I'm 59). I always tell them I didn't get carded when I was 16! Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kinda wish I hadn't seen this topic Smiley Sad  I haven't read all 5 pages.  I haven't crossed that bridge until recently.  Getting close but hadn't crossed it till I had to start using a CPAP machine.  What could THAT do, you ask.  It doesn't do it to everyone but there are complaints about it on the web...I wake up every morning with large puffy bags under my eyes.  What irony to FEEL so much better but LOOK so much worse!  Yes, the puffiness does go down but it takes all day and into the evening for it to dissipate Smiley Sad  Then it's nearly time for bed and the cycle starts over.  Basically nothing you can do.  It's just the price (some) of us have to pay for better health. 

Honored Contributor

I'm relieved to find out this isn't like the Rainbow Bridge.  I wear the term "senior" proudly now days. Love those discounts.  DH went totally white in late 30's so hanging around with him got discounts without me having to agonize over what my face looked like. At 72 I no longer try to kid myself.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. IMO looking like you crossed over the Beauty Bridge may be attitude. In almost all the photos, the women were smiling, looked happy, involved in something and looked active.

i've been told I look 15 yrs. younger than my 68 years, but if it's true (big IF), there's a smile on my face, I volunteer, I exercise and walk "young"...still have a spring in my step. 

Many have said it's also because I'm petite. I never appreciated that before, but if it contributes to looking younger, OK.

I'm sure you've all heard my skincare routine so won't repeat it, but know that's kept wrinkles and splotches at bay.

Esteemed Contributor

I still feel young and still do things I did when I was young.  I don't even think about my age until I look in a mirror -- Geezz, who IS that old woman?   I don't understand lying about your age or wanting to be seen as younger than you are.  Age happens.   I couldn't wait to start getting the senior discounts and I always ask for them.  I'm 68 and I've earned every discount I can get!

I do know that at Kohl's where they have a 15% senior discount on Wednesdays, cashiers are not allowed to ask if a person is eligible for the discount. They don't want to insult a customer who may look 60, but actually be 50-ish.  So, if you deserve a discount, speak up!    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina  Maybe if it wasn't black? A nice, bright color sounds better. But I love warm things. lol

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden     I admire this one-the 'roof hasn't fallen in' as Suzanne Somers said. But in this woman, I don't believe it's going to. She's one of those people who has aged beautifully. Hopefully on the inside, too.

Aged to perfection : Stock Photo

Respected Contributor

I feel like I did when some kid called me mam.

I was like start running kid because this is not going to end well for you!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I feel like I did when some kid called me mam.

I was like start running kid because this is not going to end well for you!Smiley Very Happy

@Pqfan

LOL !!