Respected Contributor

Have U Crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge?

I have.

I found out yesterday when I went to a museum and asked the young lady at the counter the cost of admission.

Her response:  It's $10, but $7, if YOU'RE over 60.

That's when I knew, I had crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge.

No one has ever said that to me - I mean implied that I looked over 60.  LOL!

I guess I should be grateful, I slid by all these years, "passing" for "50".  Those days over!

I'll be checking out some of those serum drenched eye patches I've seen on YT.

I understand there are now some that you can sleep in.  I have no clue how they'd stay on.  Woman Frustrated

Your ideas are appreciated.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Have U Crossed the "tell-tale" Beauty Bridge?

Let me guess it was some younger kid that said it? They don't have a clue how to tell someone's age. I guess they will see as they get older just like we did. 

They started doing this to DH when he was in his 30's because that's when his hair turned white. He tells everyone he works with at least he has hair. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina She gave you both prices so she wasn't sure....you're still keeping them guessing.

Esteemed Contributor

I am one that has a very hard time telling people's age. My motto is do the best I can health and grooming and then forget.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Let me guess it was some younger kid that said it? They don't have a clue how to tell someone's age.LOL!!!

Yep.  Probably a college student.  I realize, since I've retired, I've started wearing "old hag" clothes ... things I said I'd never wear when I got older.  For example, in the winter, I have a black cape that I wear .. every day.  It's so warm & comfy, I love wearing it all the time, eventho' it makes me look like batman.  SMH .. LOL!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Some seniors expect others to know and if they aren't given the discount they start howling.  So many places are required to provide the information option up-front.  Some places, like Dunkin Donuts, will give you the meaningless 10% discount without asking, but I think that is the individual servers choice and they are just doing it to be nice. 

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina I had the biggest laugh over your batsman cape...still laughing.I think youbshould retire the cape girlfriend.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am 66, but DH tells me I look MUCH youngerCat LOL

But, really, can you trust your husband? 

Many years ago, there was a photographer where I worked.  I used to complain to him about the men who would hoot and holler at me when I went out to run at lunch time.  I was in my late 20s and turned my share of heads. 

He told me that some day I would miss the attention.

He was right.

At a certain age, you become invisible.  I think I've crossed the bridge and closed the gateCat Sad

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@RinaRina I had the biggest laugh over your batsman cape...still laughing.I think youbshould retire the cape girlfriend.

===================================

Oh noooo!  My beloved cape!  I love that cape.  I even feel like I can fly when I wear that cape.  All I need is a broom!

Image result for witch on broom

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm gonna have to go off my budget.

Remedy #1

Skinn Cosmetics Line Erasing Serum, Night Balm & EyeMergency Masks Set - 311-876

I'll just have to wait for the sale.

Edit:
Hmmmm . I wonder when Dimitri is on .. anyone know?