Respected Contributor

Have I lost my mind?I remember one cleanse only!

I bought WEN the second time Chaz was on. I have very coarse dry hair and have been looking for the Holy Grail since high school. I even have the same heat cap that I bought in high school to use with conditioner.

I followed his directions for women of color. I'm a fair blonde but I've learned a lot from an Haitian friend. I even sleep on a poly (I couldn't find silk) pillowcase and wear hats all summer so my expensive color won't oxidize or dry out.

I really thought he just said one cleanse. I didn't watch him for a while because I was thrilled with the results and he didn't have any other products for a long time.

I only do one cleanse. I leave it on for at least ten minutes and really rinse it out. I do the oil with the styling cream and two pumps of CC for leave in. I haven't found the Remoist that effective; I prefer the oils. I love the serum and I have the tube of finishing cream. I haven't wavered from the TT, Fig and Lavender. I have a lot to use up. I dab a touch of oil on my ends when I'm not marinating it. If I use the heat cap it's quick and better.

Does anyone remember the very beginning. And I mean the beginning; no large sizes. We made our own concoctions for RTS. Or maybe I've lost my mind. But my hair looks great!

Honored Contributor

Re: Have I lost my mind?I remember one cleanse only!

You are correct. When I bought Wen for the first time many years ago, that was the recommendation.

Super Contributor

If your hair looks good then why does it matter? I don't understand what the problem or the question is.

Frequent Contributor

If one cleanse works for you, do one, by all means. I try to do 2, but it I'm in a rush, one is absolutely sufficient.

Frequent Contributor

No, you haven't lost your mind Smiley Happy Way back the directions were just the one cleanse. I still do that too, it works best for me.

Super Contributor

I only cleanse twice if I have a ton of other products in my hair or if I have been sweating a ton.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the two cleanings is the original one cleansing divided into half; the same number of pumps are involved. I guess the thinking might be that the first half gets rid of the excessive dirt and oil; the second half really finishes off the cleansing. It is just a matter of preference.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 cnd8 said:

If one cleanse works for you, do one, by all means. I try to do 2, but it I'm in a rush, one is absolutely sufficient.

I only do one cleanse, too. It works for me! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

You are correct. And I still use that method. I tried the other, and since I didn't see any difference in the results and it took longer, I went back to the single cleanse.

Michele

Respected Contributor

I did one cleanse this AM and discovered my hair looked just as good as with 2.