Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Seche Vite Top Coat?

Ive used the Seche Vite Top Coat for many years and it's a holy grail product for me.  I couldn't have polished toenails without it. 

My own experience is perfection. It applies beautifully and is glossy. It dries quickly.  I've never ever experienced shrinkage nor peeling. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I was reading and came across a nail top coat named Seche Vite top coat for nail polish.  This product appears to dry your polish well enough in thirty minutes allowing you to avoid sheet marks?  

Do any of you have experience with this product?  Thanks!

Been using this for over 20 years.  Wouldn't go without it! 

Esteemed Contributor

Just brought some yesterday.  They have it now for GEL POLISH called, Ultra-V

Respected Contributor

Most people rave about this topcoat but I cannot use it. It is thick and it just peels off in sheets on my nails.

Honored Contributor

It's great while it lasts but unfortunately gets super gunky about half way through and you can't use it any more!

apparently there's an additive but I don't recall what it is (makeing it usable) that you can put in the bottle..

anyone?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Use Seche Restore to thin it back to original consistency.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, this has been my top coat of choice for the last 5 years or more. It dries very quickly, leaves a high shine finish, and my polish lasts longer. I've tried many others and always return to Seche Vite.

Seche Vite is a high maintenance product but for me it's totally worth it. If you buy it, you will also need to buy some nail polish thinner to maintain the top coat. Because it dries quickly on the nail, it also dries quickly in the bottle. If you add a few drops of thinner after each use, you should have to trouble at all using it to the end. Without thinner, it will get stringy and difficult to work with by the halfway mark. I have Seche Restore thinner, but you can also use Beauty Secrets thinner from Sally Beauty. I have a large refill bottle of Seche Vite and whenever it gets to the halfway point, I refill it. I've been using the same bottle and brush for 3 years now.

Honored Contributor

Thank you nomless and Chynnablue!

I still have the bottle amongst my nail stash (which grows weekly)

Honored Contributor

I have tried them all, including Seche, far better are these 2. Poshe and Sally Hansen Mega Shine Extended Wear, either of these 2 will dry your mani in 60 seconds flat, finish is so ultra smooth they will hide any imperfections in your mani, trust me on this!!!

Respected Contributor

I've tried it and think there are any number of top coats that are as good, if not better than SV.  Out the Door is a great alternative and it doesn't get thick.