Honored Contributor

Has anyone used Seche Vite Top Coat?

I was reading and came across a nail top coat named Seche Vite top coat for nail polish.  This product appears to dry your polish well enough in thirty minutes allowing you to avoid sheet marks?  

Do any of you have experience with this product?  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Seche Vite Top Coat?

I used to use that product until I found Nails, Inc. Cavilar Top Coat.  It dries withing three seconds.  Great stuff.  Won't use anything else.  

Super Contributor

I absolutely love the Seche Vite top coat!! This is my favorite and I won't use anything else. It actually dries quicker than 30 minutes. It's a great top coat but the only downside might be is that it can cause some shrinkage with your polish on the tips. I've only had that with some colors, though.

Sally Beauty has run the top coat buy one get one free and I try and stock up then. Ulta also carries it and I believe their store coupons can be used for the Seche Vite.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I used it and so did the girl who does my nails years ago.  It got thick too quickly.  There are many other top coats that dry within minutes.  For the last year or more I've been using CND Vinylux top coat.  It dries quickly and I seldom  have a chip between polish changes.

Trusted Contributor

Love Seche Vite top coat!  I've been using it for a few years and it really extends the life of my pedicures.  I never have chips and only have to get a new pedi when the nails grow out!.

Super Contributor

I have Seche Vite and it does dry your nails really fast and leaves them shiny but for me, it makes my nail polish peel off in a day or two.  A cheaper alternative that I like better is Sally Hansen insta dri (it's in a red bottle).

Super Contributor

Formula X - Shine top coat (Sephora) or Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat (online only) both are wonderful and does not cause shrinkage

Respected Contributor

i did try it.  

some folks (me included) have found that it tends to 'shrink' the polish that you put it over.  i think it really depends on your body chemistry and also some products just do not get along with other products.  that has been my experience.

i gave my seche vite away, and now i use out the door.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've used this...but Essie makes a MUCH, MUCH, better fast drying top coat.   Dry in a few minutes, and glassy shine.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Seche Vite is my "go to." You will need Seche Restore to keep it thinned out since regular polish thinner doesn't contain tuolene (one of the solvents in it). I do also use HK Girl and a couple of other fast dry top coats, but Seche Vite is the one I use most.