Honored Contributor

Has anyone used PUR Mineral Foundation Powder?

Just curious! I know they used to be on HSN, but haven't seen them there for a while.....Has anyone used their mineral powder? What did you think? Thanks!!!!I just purchased Eve Pearl foundation which I love, but sometimes in the summer I like a Mineral Powder when it is super hot!

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used PUR Mineral Foundation Powder?

[ Edited ]

I've been using the PUR 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundations for a very long time. In fact I bought a kit from the now gone ShopAtHome TV network years ago from their hosts (Lea Little and Jennifer Miller) and I have been buying it since from different places. It has very good coverage and stays on all day. You can use just a little or a lot if you need to. It has a satin finish, not matte. Every time I wear it some stranger compliments me on how I have great skin. I don't wear it everyday. Just when I want to look polished.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks... I think I will order the compact-do you use a Kabuki brush or did you buy the chisel brush that they show? Thanks!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN 

The chisel brush picks up a lot of product so you'll get a fuller coverage. I like to use a flat-top buki instead b/c it gives me just the right amount of coverage. The chisel brush is just too much for me. Whichever type brush you use it's best to polish/buff the foundation into the skin. That will give you a flawless natural look. 

Honored Contributor

This is the brush I use. Honeybee Gardens makes their own mineral foundations, too. You can find this brush for less than $15.

Vegan Makeup Brush Kabuki Foundation Brush

Honored Contributor

I was not a real lover of the foundation powder itself, but the chisel brush is amazing, I use it with all other foundation powders. It is a bit stiff which gives you so much control and precision. 

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    I used Pur Minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation for years and loved it!!  Around my 60th birthday, I realized it was too aging and too drying for my changing skin and had to abandon it for something more moisturizing.

I especially like the chisel brush made specifically for the 4 in 1 powder foundation. It is readily available (along with several other PUR minerals products) at Kohl's Department store.

Respected Contributor

I tried the Pur Mineral powder foundation about a year ago when I had to start wearing a mask regularly at work because the powder foundation seemed to transfer less than the Covergirl I was using.

It was ok and I finished it, but then I tried J Cat Aquasurance pressed powder foundation in the compact and found I got a better color match and the coverage was just as good for half the price so I've stuck with that since.