Honored Contributor

Has anyone used Milani blushes?

I was in the drugstore the other day.  I saw these Milani blushes and wondered if they are any good?  They had a beautiful shade called "Tea Rose" which really caught my eye.  I don't know if the formula is drying or chalky.  I am very fair also so don't know if this color would be too dark.  They also had these pretty blushes which had many colors mixed together -- the separate colors kind of looked like little flowers.  

I was actually looking for a drugstore cream blush but couldn't find any.  So, if anyone has a suggestion for this, too, I would appreciate it!

Thanks for your replies!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Milani blushes?

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I was in the drugstore the other day.  I saw these Milani blushes and wondered if they are any good?  They had a beautiful shade called "Tea Rose" which really caught my eye.  I don't know if the formula is drying or chalky.  I am very fair also so don't know if this color would be too dark.  They also had these pretty blushes which had many colors mixed together -- the separate colors kind of looked like little flowers.  

I was actually looking for a drugstore cream blush but couldn't find any.  So, if anyone has a suggestion for this, too, I would appreciate it!

Thanks for your replies!  

try musingsofamuse for a review

I haven't used much Milani so I can't say, but I think she has

Respected Contributor

I use various blushes in general. I  use a Milani blush that is a dupe for Nars "Orgasm". I like it.

Honored Contributor

YouTube imo very good showing you shades. 

Respected Contributor

I have Milani's Baked Blush in Luminoso (this is the dupe for Nars' Orgasam).  This is a peachy shade with a little shimmer.

I also have Milani's rose powder blush in Romantic Rose (this a rosy matte pink).  

I like both of them.  Milani makes great blushes.

Honored Contributor

I've used both the baked blush (in Luminoso) and the one that has the shape of a rose pressed into it.  I like the baked better than the rose shaped one.  The baked did what it was supposed to do, give a wash of blush over the cheekbones.  The pressed one didn't have as nice of a finish for me and seemed more powdery, I ended up pitching it.  Someone else may have had a different experience from me though.  I haven't tried the new one that has several shades and looks like a bunch of sunrays on the horizon, but I might eventually get the bronzing shade in that one.  Overall, I think they're pretty good for an inexpensive drugstore brand.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 As far as blogger opinions, I take it with a grain of salt. I can only give you my personal opinion which may be different than others on Milani Rose Blushes.

I have the Romantic Rose which is a true matte blush. Mattes are not my fav. type of blushes because they tend to look dry on the skin & I have some I like but always top them with a soft glow highlighter, Back to Milani, It is not a pigmentated blush. The usually fluffy blush brush does not pick up hardly any product. One of the brushes that works with it is Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or something similar that has tighter bristles & it does blend well. You will have to try it for yourself to see if YOU like it. The Tea Rose shade could have more pigmentation, I just don't know

I think one of the best cream Drugstore Blushes are from NYX. They are very creamy & easy to apply. They are pigmentated so use sparingly. I have it in natural & rose petal. Another DS Blush which is less pigmented & creamy is by Elf. Both are not matte but more of a satin finish & both are easily blendable..If you choose to try the Tea Rose, hope you like it, if not return it. Good LuckSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yes, I really like Milani.  I use the berry amore Blush, it looks so natural.  I also use the Glow baked bronzer for a touch of summer color.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't used their blushes but I really like their eye shadows. They go on easily and have good color pigmentation. I have been tempted by the blushes too and will give them a whirl the next time I need a new one.

Honored Contributor

Thanks very much for all your input, reviews, tips, etc!

I am not very knowledgable on blush and have just recently started experimenting.  So, I am not sure at this point what is good for me.  That is, I guess, another reason why I like to use drug store items.  Not as expensive and usually pretty easy to return!  

I think I am going to try the Milani blush.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained --- as the saying goes!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin