Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried this Peter Lamas line?

Any input on how it performs? I know someone with hair issues. But I’m not sure about the efficacy of this line, in order to recommend it. It’s not cheap.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried this Peter Lamas line?

I bought it several months ago after trying to figure out why my hair was falling out. I feel like it helped, The shampoo feels a little drying but not too much. I use it now about once a week and I use the serum a few times a week. The serum is not oily. it just absorbs into the scalp. I think it has helped with my growth. I wish I had gotten the minoxidil serum with mine. I was desperate when I bought it. I will say I think what was causing the problem was a conditioner had been using that was waxy and probably clogging my hair follicles. It was falling out like crazy when I washed it. It stopped as soon as I stopped using the conditioner and started using the Peter Lamas. I know this is a combination of things I tried. It wasn't only the Peter Lamas but I think it was very helpful. I would definitely try it and if you don't think you see anything in 30 days you can send it back. I noticed hair was not filling my shower drain pretty much right away.  I would buy it again just to use once a week and the serum a couple times a week. My hair is still not as full as it was so I would use it as a booster to keep it from falling out and help with the fullness. The deal the have with all 4 pieces is not that expensive compared to other products I was thinking of trying. 

Honored Contributor

It's $135 on his website.

One of the serums has minoxidil in it which is known for hair growth.

You can see the ingredients on his site since Q does not list them.

No info on the new serum with minoxidil in it on his site though.

They also have reviews on his site.

Honored Contributor

Can get three month supply 3 bottle box Minoxidil at Walmart for about $15.00.  Use the shampoo you like best.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Any input on how it performs? I know someone with hair issues. But I’m not sure about the efficacy of this line, in order to recommend it. It’s not cheap.

@Grouchomarx   The ingredients are very similar to Keranique and for $70 on HSN, you can purchase a 90 day kit with styling products, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx   The ingredients are very similar to Keranique and for $70 on HSN, you can purchase a 90 day kit with styling products, etc.

Yes I was just looking at that now.  Guess I'll have to give it some research.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

HSN has  special on Keranique that I would order. It's $69 but you can try it for 60 days. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the shampoo & conditioner with the serum several months ago. I get lazy on puttting the serum on my scalp every night, but I can tell you I have been using it on my eyebrows and they are getting thicker. So it does help with my thinning eyebrows. I can’t say much about my hair like I said I’m not consistent with it.
Trusted Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I bought the shampoo & conditioner with the serum several months ago. I get lazy on puttting the serum on my scalp every night, but I can tell you I have been using it on my eyebrows and they are getting thicker. So it does help with my thinning eyebrows. I can’t say much about my hair like I said I’m not consistent with it.

Wow @Naturesbeauty . That's awesome! I didn't think of that. I have a 4 light blond eye brow hairs. Thanks for the tip.  

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty 

I'm with you on that one. I bought the serum from Lovely Skin for $38. I'm also not consistent. Never thought to use it on my sparse brows so I'm going to do that.

I also have Joyce Giraud hair supplement pills but not consistent with those either.

I can see new hairs coming in so either my hair just decided to start growing or 1 of these products is helping. It's also still falling out more than it should IMO.

I'm hypothyroid & hair loss is a side effect of the NP Thyroid I take. It is what it is for me.