Valued Contributor

I'm very pale neutral, so it was wasy.  I chose the light...

I'm very pale neutral, so it was wasy.  I chose the lightest shade as it has a neutral tone. It's not always that easy for me because so many foundations are either very warm or very cool.

Valued Contributor

Re: I'm very pale neutral, so it was wasy. I chose the light...

I couldn't edit the previous reply for some reason, but needed to edit to say..I purchased the lightest shade with neutral undertone.  Mont Blanc was perfect for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the new Nars Light Reflecting Foundation yet? Your thoughts on it.

I bought this a few weeks ago in the shade Santa Fe and love it. Instead of ordering online I was matched at Sephora and so glad that I did it that way. Santa Fe is described as medium with neutral undertones with a peach tone. I would have never thought that would be my shade. Usually I am a more light medium with cool undertones. It has a beautiful finish an wears well. I have dry skin and gives a dewy finish. So someone who prefers matte or who has oily skin may not like this. This is actually the first NARS foundation that has worked for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the new Nars Light Reflecting Foundation yet? Your thoughts on it.

Well I tried this foundation again this morning.  This time with my usual morning skin care and spf but with no primer.  Definitely not a winner.  Showed all the pores, other issues, etc.  I kind of expected that to happen without primer but yeah, no, the look is not good.  LOL  The other times I tried it, it took a few hours before I felt the dryness but not sure I'll wait that long this time before taking if off.  Because dryness or not, this look is thumbs down.

Also, I think the shade is off.  Too light.  Don't like how it makes me look washed out.  This has happened other times when I've been shade matched at the Sephora near my house so not sure if its the foundations I'm choosing, the store lighting or my bathroom lighting.  Don't seem to feel that way with the L'Oreal or Bourjois foundations though.

Anyway, I figured if I have to work this hard to try and make a foundation works, its not for me.  There are many other options out there.  So during one of my lunch hours this coming week, I'll return it.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

My skin is very dry too.  I put a slew of hydrating (plus primer) products on under it.  I do the same routine with all my foundations.

Trusted Contributor

I just received this yesterday and today is my first day wearing it.  So far I like it.  I have combo/oily skin with a large pores and a lot of texture.  I like that it's not glowy like a lot of foundations nowadays.  It's thinner than what I usually prefer, but I think it covers nicely.  You don't need much product at all.  

I always have a hard time with shades.  I use the shade finder and two of my matches were to Mont Blanc and one was to Deauville  I decided to go with Gobi which is the neutral shade in between the two that were recommended.  I thought it was too yellow when I first applied but it looks ok blended out.  So hard to find foundations that aren't too yellow, even if they say they're neutral.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

My first attempt at a color match didn't work (L4 Deauville described as light with neutral, that's me)  It was too light.  I can't go to the store to be tested.  My second attempt was L4.5 Vienna described as light with cool undertones.  I'm neutral leaning cool.  Anything higher than that went into warms and and medium shades so Vienna it was.  It MIGHT be a half shade too light but that's doable and can be fixed with bronzer if needed.  The "cool" isn't at all too cool.  I'm happy with the shade.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I've watched a few of the videos where the YTer thought, upon first putting it on their face, that it was too dark.  Once they started blending, they were surprised the color was spot on.

Regular Contributor

I tried it but did not find it to be anything special. I went to Sephora and they did a great match. The sales associate says it more of a matte look. Thought I'd give it a try. Well, just not seeing what the YouTubers say about this foundation.  I will be returning this. Still loving the Sephora Best Skin Ever Foundation for half the price. 

Honored Contributor

@jobiz 

I like it and will keep it but like you, I don't see the reflecting glow.  It's matte.  I was hoping for a little glow (not much).  You can add a glowy primer or other glow effect products under it or mixed with the foundation.