Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the beauty blender sponges....

@Katcat1 wrote:

I use Real Techniques facial sponges and I also purchased sponge rounds.  Real Techniques work better and wash easily.  You can purchase at Target for 2 for $10 and change. I wash after each use and they last a long time.   Cat Happy

@Katcat1  We always seem to be on the same page. Lol

Valued Contributor

After using a Beauty Blender for years, I decided to try the Real Techniques dupe.  Much to my surprise, I actually prefer the dupe.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My beauty blender works best for me when I apply my liquid MU with my fingers. I then bounce the blender all over my face for about 3 min. It gives an airbrushed effect. I also bought a spiral holder on Amazon. The holder allows the blender to dry. Dawn dish soap cleans the blender very well for me. 

I also love this blender from Amazon Premium Beauty Sponge Makeup Blender for Powder, Concealer and Foundation Applicator – Make Up Sponge for Cosmetic Blending
Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I like the beauty blender.  Only been using it about a month.  I nearly choked when i saw the price though.  But what the heck, the price of beauty!  I had purchased hour glass stick foundation and even with their pricey brush i could see a cakey application.  So when i read about the BB and watched a couple of influencer videos i bit.  It gave me the finish that i wanted.  This replace in three months business that PR repeated is news to me and i think hogwash.  I ordered a three piece set with a full size and a mini and a cleaner from HSN at a pretty good price.    

Respected Contributor

I have had, used and loved several Beauty Blender's, but I've found that the Beauty Junkees sponges on Amazon work just as well. I buy the large pack of them (more cost effective), and they last forever. I was not as impressed by the Real Techniques sponge as son others have been. The texture was off for me. HTH!

Respected Contributor

PUR also makes them. I have found PUR products to be great. I got these in a subscription box, but have t used them yet. Just wanted to mention. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried the knock off dupes for the beauty blender sponge and nope, I don't care for them. I guess the technique of stippling or dabbing your foundation or whatever just does not appeal to me. I've also tried and don't like the silicone sponges -- those are basically silicone gel with a plastic saran wrap like shrink wrap on the outside. I tossed it and wouldn't repurchase it.

I prefer disposable non latex sponges, taklon nylon foundation and concealer brushes, or my fingers to apply foundation  or concealers and to blend the product well.