Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried the Wet Brush Blow Brush?

I asked this question on the previous version of the Beauty forum, but it has disappeared into the abyss. 

Has anyone tired the Wet Brush Blow Brush? It is supposed to be used during the blow dry process.  The tips are ceramic and supposed to heat and help detangle while drying.  I'm interested in your feed back.  TIA

Product Details

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the Wet Brush Blow Brush?

@Tigriss wrote:

I asked this question on the previous version of the Beauty forum, but it has disappeared into the abyss. 

Has anyone tired the Wet Brush Blow Brush? It is supposed to be used during the blow dry process.  The tips are ceramic and supposed to heat and help detangle while drying.  I'm interested in your feed back.  TIA

Product Details

Interesting. I had not seen this yet. I have no clue, but I am thinking that heat from a blowdryer coupled with a heated tip on the brush may be a little too hot? 

A stylist I once had said that they are taught that hair needs to be detangled before you wet/wash it. It seems that this is a better method for getting all the tangles out, and according to her, makes cleaning hair and applying product much better. I don't know if this is accurate, but I have been doing this ever since (a few years back). The one thing I found is that dry detangling leaves so much less mess in the shower or afterwards.

Many of the in-shower or wet hair application products which tout detangling contain ingredients like alcohol, witch hazel and the like - these do the job of detangling BUT dry the heck out of hair no matter how much "hydration" the companies say they add in them as well.

Sorry I did not really address your question, but it got me thinking...

(insert blushing emoji/emoticon since there aren't any!)

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

I have this brush...I use it to comb out my wet hair...not for blow drying.   It does make combing out wet hair a bit easier.  However...I still need  a de-tangler, like miracle 10, or some oil spray.   I have fine hair that becomes snarley and difficult to comb out, so this brush is only a bit of help.

Contributor

I use the regular Wet Brush on my daughters wild curly hair and it is a life saver since it detangles with a lot less pain. I will keep my eye out for the Blow Brush which will be great for my hair. 

Respected Contributor

My hairdresser gave me the Wetbrush two years ago to comb through my wet hair (curly/wavy/shoulder length).

I only use Wen CC's, not shampoo.  First I comb through with the conditioner on with the (wen) wide-toothed comb to get as many tangles out as I can while I'm in the shower.  Then,  I use the Wet brush to gently remove the "knots and kinks."  It really works well.

This brush is not meant to be used with the blow dryer.  If I dry my hair into a sleek style, I use either a round brush or a paddle brush.   HTH