Super Contributor

Has anyone tried the Serious Skin Care Line?

I am curious about the serious skin care glycolic wash, moisturizer etc. Wondering if anyone has an opinion on the line. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the Serious Skin Care Line?

I used it a long time ago, and occasionally still use the wash. It's good but strong so you can get irritated unless you start really slowly (or have tough skin).

Contributor

I've been using Serious Skin Care for probably more than 15 years. The glycolic cleanser is very good, as are all of the cleansers in the line; you can use it to take off eye makeup without irritation. I now use the A-line, and always get compliments on how nice my skin looks. I used to buy high-end department store skin care, but prefer SSC. The kits are definitely the best value.

Respected Contributor

I just yesterday ordered the A Line Retinol Double Up Kit. Beautipedia (Paula's Choice) gave the A Serum a BEST, and the Eye Serum a GOOD review. For me the price is right, and I need to scale down on some of the more expensive lines I purchase.

When 2 of my Sons were having acne issues, I bought them each a big Glycolic Kit, and the acne cleared. I love the Glycolic Gommage exfoliating wash. Face feels so clean and fresh.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

I use it and like the line. The glycolic cleaner is the best. You have to find the type of product best for you. Older ladies should use C products or A. The 2 part exfoliater, called potion and something is soooo good. You put on the exfoliation first, rub, and mix in the potion. Leaves your skin so smooth.
Frequent Contributor

SSC has a lot of products. I use the Vit C line and it works great for my 64 yr old skin. I have tried a lot of more expensive lines and found most were awful (for me). I also used Victoria Principal line for a few years and liked it, also but got too expensive.

I tried Suzanne Somers chemical free line but did not care for it.

Valued Contributor

I don't use the glycolic line but have been using the Reverse Lift line for dealing with skin that needs to firm up and soften wrinkles and I love it. It has really helped my skin to feel more dense, firmer and more resilient. The products are really nice to use. I've given products from her other lines as gifts and people have really liked them so thus far my experiences with SSC have all been positive.

Trusted Contributor

I used the vit c line for a while and like the cleanser a lot. Now though I mostly use the glycolic line. It really clears and smooths my skin
Honored Contributor

If you are very picky about ingredients, then this line can be questionable. I never order from them without researching the ingredients in each product. Usually some great ebay deals on this line.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the information. My skin has been pretty good lately and I use minimal products, but felt I wanted a bit more exfoliation. The price of the glycolic kit is good, but I don't want anything too harsh.