Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried the Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried this yet?

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation?

@Mindy D 

I tried it pre-pandemic (not sure exactly when, but just saying it was awhile ago).  Not sure if they've reformulated it since then.

My experience at that time was that the foundation would cling to and accentuate any baby hairs or dry skin on my face (more than other foundations did).  

That said, I know some people like it.  I ordered mine from Sephora, so was able to return it by mail for free.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never used it but one of my favorite beauty YTers does and loves it.  No, she's not sponsored by Dior.  She would LIKE to be but she's not.  She raves about the BACKSTAGE FACE & BODY POWDER-NO-POWDER as well.  It's on my list of makeup and powder to try next.  I just looked for my color.  2.5N.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

Have you ever considered shaving your face?  Foundation goes on so much nicer, smoother.  And no, it dosen't grow back more coarse or darker.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

You want me to shave my face?

Squirrel Face Cute - Free photo on Pixabay

Won't that look weird?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

It might look a little strange on Ms Squirrel but not on you Smiley Happy  In what way do you think it will look strange?  Do your legs or underarms look strange shaved?  Didn't you complain about foundation sticking to the hairs on your face?  Google it.  It's a thing and has been for YEARS and YEARS.   I just Googled it for you.  First hit...from healthline.com 

Facial shaving in women is more common than you might think. It's done to remove vellus and terminal hairs from the cheeks, chin, upper lip, and side burn areas. Facial shaving also provides mechanical exfoliation, which can help skin look brighter and cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Mindy D 

I tried it pre-pandemic (not sure exactly when, but just saying it was awhile ago).  Not sure if they've reformulated it since then.

My experience at that time was that the foundation would cling to and accentuate any baby hairs or dry skin on my face (more than other foundations did).  

That said, I know some people like it.  I ordered mine from Sephora, so was able to return it by mail for free.

@mistriTsquirrel   Exfoliating really helps foundation go on more smoothly over dry areas. Not everyone needs to shave their entire faces. I only do it near my sideburns.