Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried the Aztec healing clay?

Just received mine and I did some research and it gets good reviews. I've heard some guru's say if people would try it they would never spend $70 for Glamglow! I paid like $9 for it on Amazon. Anybody out there try it? TIA
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the Aztec healing clay?

I have been eyeballing this for some time. I am interested to see what others say about it. Does anyone know if someone with dry skin could use it?

Valued Contributor

I do use it, probably not to it's full potential. I use it in home made deodorant. It is the ingredient that helps keep me dry. I also use it in the summer on mosquito bites. It immediately stops the itching and heals a bite in about a day. I would love to hear other uses for it. OP did you buy the powder to make a face mask?
Trusted Contributor

I have some and use it for a facial mask. A good drying mask for my oily skin, not sure how it would work on dry skins (perhaps mix it with milk or some type of oil rather than water, which is what I use).

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Cardamom said: I do use it, probably not to it's full potential. I use it in home made deodorant. It is the ingredient that helps keep me dry. I also use it in the summer on mosquito bites. It immediately stops the itching and heals a bite in about a day. I would love to hear other uses for it. OP did you buy the powder to make a face mask?
Yes, I did. I'm gonna wait till the weekend to try it. I'm wondering about the removal process after it dries. It say I can leave on for 15-20 minutes since I don't have sensitive skin. I encourage people to read about the benefits as they are amazing, and not just for the face.
Respected Contributor

It is 100% bentonite clay. You can get this even cheaper at BulkApothecary.
Valued Contributor

On 2/11/2015 wvumountiefan said:
On 2/11/2015 Cardamom said: I do use it, probably not to it's full potential. I use it in home made deodorant. It is the ingredient that helps keep me dry. I also use it in the summer on mosquito bites. It immediately stops the itching and heals a bite in about a day. I would love to hear other uses for it. OP did you buy the powder to make a face mask?
Yes, I did. I'm gonna wait till the weekend to try it. I'm wondering about the removal process after it dries. It say I can leave on for 15-20 minutes since I don't have sensitive skin. I encourage people to read about the benefits as they are amazing, and not just for the face.
Please let us know how that works out. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Is your homemade deodorant in a stick or in a jar?
Valued Contributor

On 2/11/2015 BellaCarro said:
Is your homemade deodorant in a stick or in a jar?
You could do either. It's solid enough to be in a stick because of the beeswax. It's also solid enough to not need refrigeration in the summer. Smiley Happy. Natural deodorant recipe 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda aluminum free 2 TB arrowroot powder 1 1/2 tsp bennonite clay 1 TB each - cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil 2 drops vitamin e 15 drops eo (lavender, tea tree, rosemary) Melt together in double broiler